    Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything with
    them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his own
    consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

    wonders in the world, Oct 3, 2005

  2. On 2 Oct 2005, at 23:19:03 [GMT -0700] (16:19:03 Monday, 3 October 2005
    where I live) "wonders in the world" wrote:

    > Can I do anything with them like use them on my website, or still I have
    > to get his own consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

    Only if he has a boner.

    Flatulant Dingo, Oct 3, 2005

  3. "wonders in the world" <> wrote in message
    >I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures of
    > himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
    > Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything with
    > them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his own
    > consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

    Seems to me you need to find a more mature BF ;-)

    Doc

    John H. Holliday, Oct 3, 2005
  4. wonders in the world

    Don Guest

    >I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures of
    > himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
    > Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything with
    > them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his own
    > consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

    So ya got dumped...............get over it and get on with your life.

    Don, Oct 3, 2005
  5. wonders in the world

    Frank ess Guest

    John H. Holliday wrote:
    > "wonders in the world" <> wrote in
    > message
    >> I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures
    >> of
    >> himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
    >> Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything
    >> with them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his
    >> own
    >> consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

    > Seems to me you need to find a more mature BF ;-)

    Or at the very least add "former" to his title.

    Never mind. It's just a troll.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Oct 3, 2005
  6. wonders in the world

    Lee Guest

    You have no rights what-so-ever over these photo's, except for your own
    private use.

    If you publish them there are also a vast number of other laws that you
    could be breaching, which are much more serious than the actual copyright
    issue itself.

    The photographer owns the rights to the photo's, unless agreed otherwise in
    a contract. Even then, just because the photographer took the photo, if
    doesn't mean that even he/she can necessarily legally publish the photo.

    A word of advise, don't do anything with them, unless you are looking for
    problems. Of course, the exception would be if there aren't any
    identifiable features in the photo, although this is usually fairly
    unlikely.

    Lee, Oct 3, 2005
  7. wonders in the world

    Guest

    On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 09:11:21 -0700, "Frank ess" <>
    wrote:

    >John H. Holliday wrote:
    >> "wonders in the world" <> wrote in
    >> message
    >>> I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures
    >>> of
    >>> himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
    >>> Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything
    >>> with them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his
    >>> own
    >>> consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

    >> Seems to me you need to find a more mature BF ;-)
    >>

    >Or at the very least add "former" to his title.
    >
    >Never mind. It's just a troll.

    While they're at it, they could add immature to the GF's
    title.

    OTOH, if they stay together, no one else will get stuck with
    either of them.

    , Oct 3, 2005
  8. wonders in the world

    Mark² Guest

    John H. Holliday wrote:
    > "wonders in the world" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures of
    >> himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
    >> Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything
    >> with them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his own
    >> consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

    > Seems to me you need to find a more mature BF ;-)

    Likewise, it seems to me the boyfriend needs to find a more mature
    girlfriend--who won't set out to post nudie pics of him without his
    consent--regardless of how much he may have ticked her off at some point.

    Mark², Oct 4, 2005
  9. wonders in the world

    Mark² Guest

    Don wrote:
    > "wonders in the world" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures of
    >> himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
    >> Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything
    >> with them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his own
    >> consent. He willingly emailed them to me.
    >>

    > So ya got dumped...............get over it and get on with your life.

    Good call.

    Further...If I was a guy that might have been interested in her...the
    posting of that photo (by her) would serve only as a clear signal that she
    is a petty, vengeful girl who should never EVER be trusted...much
    less...dated.

    And never mind that I wouldn't ever send a pic like that.
    -Posting a shot like that is just cheap, low, and a generally lame thing to
    do.

    Mark², Oct 4, 2005
  10. wonders in the world

    Ray Fischer Guest

    wonders in the world <> wrote:
    >I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures of
    >himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
    >Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything with
    >them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his own
    >consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

    Well, do you want to be a rhymes-with-witch? Or do you want to be
    a well-mannered lady? And do you really care about copyright laws?

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Oct 4, 2005
  11. wonders in the world

    Jer Guest

    Ray Fischer wrote:
    > wonders in the world <> wrote:
    >
    >>I was sent via Emails pictures of my boyfriend , he took pictures of
    >>himself naked using his own cellphone and then emailed them to me.
    >>Do I have the legal rights over these pictures? Can I do anything with
    >>them like use them on my website, or still I have to get his own
    >>consent. He willingly emailed them to me.

    > Well, do you want to be a rhymes-with-witch? Or do you want to be
    > a well-mannered lady? And do you really care about copyright laws?

    If she's like the majority of her peers, she'll do whatever it takes for
    her to get what she wants. To hell with the law, to hell with everybody
    else, to hell with authority - they're not me so what do they know?
    Screw all that, it's all about ME!

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'