legal ?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Mihai, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Mihai

    Mihai Guest

    Hi ,

    I started a calling card business in a little town in Romania. I currently
    live in another country and because I wanted to have a close communication
    with my
    friends and relatives I thought why not start this kind of business. I
    started this business one year ago with a Quintum A800 and 6 analog lines,
    having a 64k internet connection .The business was good...meaning that I
    covered all my expenses and altogether I could talk with my buddies for free
    !
    However these days I got a letter from the Telco telling me that they will
    cut my lines if I don't sign the attached new contract. The "new" contract
    says that I need to pay 470 Euro/month to them because I am a VOIP agent and
    I have less then 10 lines with them. If I would have at least a E1 I would
    have to pay per call and minute , a percent ....around 0.0067 Euro/minute !

    I would appreciate any feedback from others who are doing the same business
    in other countries.

    Thanks
    Mihai
    Mihai, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Mihai

    IPsmarx Team Guest

    Mihai,

    They usually have 'clause' that if you get lines from them as a Residential
    or Business User ARE NOT supposed to offer them for Services to third
    parties (which is again You but in you other country).

    If you do so, they treat you as a local Operator...and business terms are
    different in this case....

    Regards,
    Nick/Toronto

    IPsmarx Team, Feb 12, 2004