    Actually this is probably quite an amazing point in time that we're
    getting competition in DRM free legal MP3's off the internet from
    local sources!
    Craig Shore, Dec 11, 2008

  2. Craig Shore

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-12-11, Craig Shore <> wrote:
    > I see that metservice.co.nz/default/index.php?alias=christchurchAmplifier (www.amplifier.co.nz) are offering legit DRM free
    > MP3's as well as Vodafone Music (www.vmusic.co.nz)
    >
    > Amplifier's are 320kbps and encoded by iTunes v7.7.0.43. Vodafones
    > are 256kbps and i'm not sure what they're using to encode.
    > Amplifier's seem to download quick whereas Vodafone is slow.

    Agree Vodaphone's album downloads are slow. I have also has two cases
    where all I got was the album cover, retrying resulted in the same result.
    Request in with Vodafone as to why and please fix or $ back.

    > Vodafone has album art in the tracks, Amplifier doesn't.
    >
    > Anyone got any thoughts as to the quality of the encoding of itunes in
    > mp3? Does anyone know what vodafone are using to encode?
    >
    > Actually this is probably quite an amazing point in time that we're
    > getting competition in DRM free legal MP3's off the internet from
    > local sources!

    Indeed! After all that effort to shut Napster down and trying to stop people
    mp3ing all over the net, with a final blast by DRM, the customer has got it
    through to the co-orperations that this is *how* it is going to be done OK!

    I have found it a very interesting war.

    Right off to check out Amplifer before more competition breaks out. Thanks
    for the link.
    Gordon, Dec 12, 2008