    also what electronic format is acceptable in a court of law in the UK.

    Many Thanks

    Ian
    Crumb, Mar 4, 2006

  2. Crumb

    Rick Marks Guest

    On 4 Mar 2006 11:24:09 -0800, "Crumb" <> wrote:

    >Hi Group,
    >
    >Does anyone know the law in regards to recordings in wav format and
    >also what electronic format is acceptable in a court of law in the UK.

    For a criminal case I imagine you need something with a tamper-proof
    embedded timecode (but IANAL). Try asking in uk.legal.

    For evidential purposes ISTR that all/both parties need to know that a
    call is being recorded - but check this. Otherwise a minimum of one
    party needs to know, else it's a wiretap.
    Rick Marks, Mar 4, 2006