    like the left click function is shut off on my desk top and yes I have tried
    a system restore and have check to see if my mouse is working properly and
    it is

    BP, Aug 13, 2006

  2. BP

    Toolman Tim Guest

    BP wrote:
    > Hello
    > windows xp pro my problem is when I left click on anything on my desk
    > top nothing happens but if I right click and then left click on open
    > it will work. same for the quick launch bar if I left click on
    > anything I get a circle with a line through it. also if I left click
    > nothing will open but once its highlighted and hit enter what ever I
    > highlighted will work
    > once I'm into a program every thing works properly with the left
    > click seems like the left click function is shut off on my desk top
    > and yes I have tried a system restore and have check to see if my
    > mouse is working properly and it is

    Left-Click is typically this: single-click to select, double-click to
    execute. Is that what you are doing? How about a click-drage - does that
    work?

    Toolman Tim, Aug 13, 2006

  3. BP

    BP Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > BP wrote:
    >> Hello
    >> windows xp pro my problem is when I left click on anything on my desk
    >> top nothing happens but if I right click and then left click on open
    >> it will work. same for the quick launch bar if I left click on
    >> anything I get a circle with a line through it. also if I left click
    >> nothing will open but once its highlighted and hit enter what ever I
    >> highlighted will work
    >> once I'm into a program every thing works properly with the left
    >> click seems like the left click function is shut off on my desk top
    >> and yes I have tried a system restore and have check to see if my
    >> mouse is working properly and it is

    > Left-Click is typically this: single-click to select, double-click to
    > execute. Is that what you are doing? How about a click-drage - does that
    > work?

    yes that is what I'm doing if I doubble click nothing happens if I right
    click and open the window and then select open then it works was working
    properly saturday night upluged the comp to clean the the area hooked it all
    back up and now this

    BP, Aug 13, 2006
  4. BP

    Tony Holden Guest

    Check you haven't got a bent pin on the connection to the PC.

    Ant.

    Tony Holden, Aug 13, 2006
  5. BP

    Toolman Tim Guest

    BP wrote:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> BP wrote:
    >>> Hello
    >>>
    >>>snip

    >> Left-Click is typically this: single-click to select, double-click to
    >> execute. Is that what you are doing? How about a click-drage - does
    >> that work?
    >>

    > yes that is what I'm doing
    >snip

    Okay. The reason I ask, is some systems are originally set up for a
    single-click to execute (like my Sony Vaio laptop), and a user gets used to
    that. Then if Windows gets set back to normal settings, they can't figure
    out how to make it work anymore.

    Anyway, have you been in to your mouse sensitivity settings to see if that
    needs adjusting? Start, Control Panel, Mouse, look for "Double-click speed"
    settings - mine is on the Activities tab, but it will vary from one mouse
    driver to another, so your's may be different.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 13, 2006
  6. BP

    BP Guest

    how would that effect me opening items on my desktop
    once I get into an application the left click works

    BP, Aug 13, 2006
  7. On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 18:24:01 GMT, "BP" <> wrote:

    >how would that effect me opening items on my desktop
    > once I get into an application the left click works

    Just do it, dummy. If you want help, take it and quit your damn
    arguing and bitching like someone is required to help your dumb ass.

    Alt

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Aug 13, 2006
  8. BP

    BP Guest

    Just do what asshole If you have nothing to contribute regarding an
    answer to the question mind your own business obviously you don't have an
    answer just the ability to criticizes which doesn't solve any problems
    anywhere.

    I don't expect anything from any one any tips or advice are greatly
    appreciated. I'm not sure where the arguing and bitching come in other that
    your negative nothing to do with the problem comments Maybe your confused
    and accidentally replied to the wrong post.

    If your so smart which pin on the connection to the PC would cause me to
    not to be able to use the left click function only on the desk top but if I
    use enter it will work or right click and select open will make the
    application work any response not expected but greatly appreciated thanks

    BP, Aug 13, 2006
  9. BP

    richard Guest

    "BP" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > windows xp pro my problem is when I left click on anything on my desk top
    > nothing happens but if I right click and then left click on open it will
    > work. same for the quick launch bar if I left click on anything I get a
    > circle with a line through it. also if I left click nothing will open but
    > once its highlighted and hit enter what ever I highlighted will work
    >
    > once I'm into a program every thing works properly with the left click
    > seems like the left click function is shut off on my desk top and yes I
    > have tried a system restore and have check to see if my mouse is working
    > properly and it is

    Open control panel and select mouse. Check the settings for the buttons and
    make sure they are applied as you want them.

    richard, Aug 13, 2006
  10. BP

    BP Guest

    I've checked the mouse every thing seems fine It's almost like the execute
    feature on the desk top is shut off because once I get an application open
    it works just fine it's only when trying to open and application on the
    desk top like double clicking on my internet explorer doesn't open it but if
    I right click and hit open it works or double click and hit enter it works

    BP, Aug 13, 2006
  11. BP

    BP Guest

    click and drag work

    BP, Aug 13, 2006
  12. BP

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-08-13, BP <> wrote:
    > Just do what asshole If you have nothing to contribute regarding an
    > answer to the question mind your own business obviously you don't have an
    > answer just the ability to criticizes which doesn't solve any problems
    > anywhere.

    [snip]

    You are being trolled...ignore the morons. Hopefully, somebody will be
    along to answer your question.

    --
    Variables don't; constants aren't.

    Jimchip, Aug 13, 2006
  13. BP

    Toolman Tim Guest

    BP wrote:

    >> Anyway, have you been in to your mouse sensitivity settings to see
    >> if that needs adjusting? Start, Control Panel, Mouse, look for
    >> "Double-click speed" settings - mine is on the Activities tab, but
    >> it will vary from one mouse driver to another, so your's may be
    >> different.

    > I've checked the mouse every thing seems fine It's almost like the
    > execute feature on the desk top is shut off because once I get an
    > application open it works just fine it's only when trying to open and
    > application on the desk top like double clicking on my internet
    > explorer doesn't open it but if I right click and hit open it works
    > or double click and hit enter it works

    Did you check the mouse *SETTINGS* like I posted?

    *Hint: start at the top, and read down, like a book. Don't skip things.
    Don't post ABOVE the replies. You're starting to annoy the people who would
    be most inclined to be helpful here.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 13, 2006
  14. BP

    Gerry Guest

    On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:04:55 GMT, "BP" <> wrote:

    > Just do what asshole If you have nothing to contribute regarding an
    >answer to the question mind your own business obviously you don't have an
    >answer just the ability to criticizes which doesn't solve any problems
    >anywhere.
    >
    > I don't expect anything from any one any tips or advice are greatly
    >appreciated. I'm not sure where the arguing and bitching come in other that
    >your negative nothing to do with the problem comments Maybe your confused
    >and accidentally replied to the wrong post.
    >
    > If your so smart which pin on the connection to the PC would cause me to
    >not to be able to use the left click function only on the desk top but if I
    >use enter it will work or right click and select open will make the
    >application work any response not expected but greatly appreciated thanks
    >

    >"Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@cad.com> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 18:24:01 GMT, "BP" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>how would that effect me opening items on my desktop
    >>> once I get into an application the left click works

    >> Just do it, dummy. If you want help, take it and quit your damn
    >> arguing and bitching like someone is required to help your dumb ass.
    >>
    >> Alt

    You are responding to a troll. Please just ignore it and it will die.

    Gerry, Aug 13, 2006
  15. BP

    pcbutts1 Guest

    LOL

    pcbutts1, Aug 13, 2006
  16. On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:38:00 GMT, Gerry <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:04:55 GMT, "BP" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Just do what asshole If you have nothing to contribute regarding an
    >>answer to the question mind your own business obviously you don't have an
    >>answer just the ability to criticizes which doesn't solve any problems
    >>anywhere.
    >>
    >> I don't expect anything from any one any tips or advice are greatly
    >>appreciated. I'm not sure where the arguing and bitching come in other that
    >>your negative nothing to do with the problem comments Maybe your confused
    >>and accidentally replied to the wrong post.
    >>
    >> If your so smart which pin on the connection to the PC would cause me to
    >>not to be able to use the left click function only on the desk top but if I
    >>use enter it will work or right click and select open will make the
    >>application work any response not expected but greatly appreciated thanks
    >>

    >>"Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤@cad.com> wrote in message

    >>> Just do it, dummy. If you want help, take it and quit your damn
    >>> arguing and bitching like someone is required to help your dumb ass.
    >>>
    >>> Alt

    >You are responding to a troll. Please just ignore it and it will die.

    Please, this asshole comes to this group and demands help and gets
    snotty when people give him advice he doesn't think is helpful. In
    his other post right above this one with the exact same subject line
    he talks about shit and a dick in him.

    And you and that retard JimChip think I am the troll. LOL. Classic
    example of two complete morons being trolled by someone and telling
    the troll that someone else is actually the troll. What a couple of
    geniuses.

    Alt

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Aug 13, 2006
  17. BP

    Ben Myers Guest

    Go to "Control Panel", "Mouse", "Buttons" and see if "ClickLock" is checked.
    If so, try unchecking it.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Aug 13, 2006
  18. BP

    ProfGene Guest

    BP wrote:
    > Hello
    > windows xp pro my problem is when I left click on anything on my desk top
    > nothing happens but if I right click and then left click on open it will
    > work. same for the quick launch bar if I left click on anything I get a
    > circle with a line through it. also if I left click nothing will open but
    > once its highlighted and hit enter what ever I highlighted will work
    >
    > once I'm into a program every thing works properly with the left click seems
    > like the left click function is shut off on my desk top and yes I have tried
    > a system restore and have check to see if my mouse is working properly and
    > it is

    IN the Control Panel under mouse there is an option to switch primary
    and secondary buttons. You might try this

    ProfGene, Aug 15, 2006