    Sidhant Malhotra
    Email:

    ***** Please mail me
    sidhant, May 13, 2006

  2. sidhant

    Philip Guest

    sidhant wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I am a manager in an apparel factory in Noida, India. We have been
    > using Lectra software for our designs. Recently we have changed our
    > design software. Now we are facing some problem in converting our
    > previous Lectra designs (stored with an extension .iba and .vet) to
    > .dxf format. We will really appreciate if any kind soul can help us in
    > this regards. If any programmer can write the converter program for us
    > we are ready to reward him/her in monetary terms (upto $5000).
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sidhant Malhotra
    > Email:

    If that guy lived in the USA or Australia, he would likely face criminal
    prosecution under the DMCA or the Oz equivalent because he is inviting
    reverse engineering or circumvention of a copyright protection system.
    And if you think I'm overstating the case, look what happened to Dmitri
    Skylarov.
    http://www.freesklyarov.org/

    An object lesson on two points:

    1. Don't lock yourself in to proprietary software formats
    2. Lobby hard against laws like the DMCA that come compulsorily wrapped
    in Free Trade Agreements with the USA.

    Philip
    Philip, May 14, 2006

  3. sidhant

    shannon Guest

    Philip wrote:
    > sidhant wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >> I am a manager in an apparel factory in Noida, India. We have been
    >> using Lectra software for our designs. Recently we have changed our
    >> design software. Now we are facing some problem in converting our
    >> previous Lectra designs (stored with an extension .iba and .vet) to
    >> .dxf format. We will really appreciate if any kind soul can help us in
    >> this regards. If any programmer can write the converter program for us
    >> we are ready to reward him/her in monetary terms (upto $5000).
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Sidhant Malhotra
    >> Email:

    > If that guy lived in the USA or Australia, he would likely face criminal
    > prosecution under the DMCA or the Oz equivalent because he is inviting
    > reverse engineering or circumvention of a copyright protection system.
    > And if you think I'm overstating the case, look what happened to Dmitri
    > Skylarov.
    > http://www.freesklyarov.org/
    >
    > An object lesson on two points:
    >
    > 1. Don't lock yourself in to proprietary software formats
    > 2. Lobby hard against laws like the DMCA that come compulsorily wrapped
    > in Free Trade Agreements with the USA.
    >
    > Philip

    Wow, these guys must be 133t haxorz then

    http://www.optitex.com/en/Products/Direct_Converters
    shannon, May 14, 2006