    Fido Guest

    how do I change the amount of time that I want my mail to be left on the
    server?
    Fido, Aug 1, 2005

  2. Fido

    Old Gringo Guest

    Fido wrote:
    > how do I change the amount of time that I want my mail to be left on the
    > server?

    Open OE, select the tools tab at the top then select accounts. Then
    select your mail account, then select properties on the right. then
    select the advanced tap at the top. There you will find the settings
    for leaving messages on server. Good Luck

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Aug 1, 2005

  3. Fido

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:13:08 -0700, Fido wrote:

    >how do I change the amount of time that I want my mail to be left on the
    >server?

    That may depend on your mail provider and the application you use for
    mail , you interestingly (but not enough) didn't mention what either
    are.

    If it's OE6 try the Help files.

    If it's OE6 and the above hasn't already worked for you,

    Tools / Accounts / <select the mail account you wan to change settings
    for> / Properties / Advanced / Delivery

    Tick - Leave a copy of messages on server

    Set the options you require.

    If it isn't OE6 , it's most likely very similar options.

    Me
    why?, Aug 1, 2005
  4. Fido

    Top Guest

    > how do I change the amount of time that I want my mail to be left on the
    > server?

    That's up to the server, not you. You can chose to leave a copy on the
    server but the server software will actually determine how long it
    stays. A lot of cases, unless you leave a copy there, it will be
    deleted shortly after you d/l it though.

    Top
    Top, Aug 2, 2005
  5. Fido

    s_powelson Guest

    Thanks, I knew that at one time...but senility is rearing it's hoary
    head...

    s_powelson, Aug 2, 2005
  6. Fido

    Old Gringo Guest

    s_powelson wrote:
    > Thanks, I knew that at one time...but senility is rearing it's hoary
    > head...
    > On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 09:24:07 -0700, Old Gringo
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Fido wrote:
    >>
    >>> how do I change the amount of time that I want my mail to be left on
    >>> the server?
    >>>

    >> Open OE, select the tools tab at the top then select accounts. Then
    >> select your mail account, then select properties on the right. then
    >> select the advanced tap at the top. There you will find the settings
    >> for leaving messages on server. Good Luck

    Short term memory banks shot here :) I have to repeat each step as I
    go and I haven't used OE for over a year now.

    Old Gringo, Aug 2, 2005
  7. Fido

    old jon Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > s_powelson wrote:
    >> Thanks, I knew that at one time...but senility is rearing it's hoary
    >> head...
    >> On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 09:24:07 -0700, Old Gringo
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Open OE, select the tools tab at the top then select accounts. Then
    >>> select your mail account, then select properties on the right. then
    >>> select the advanced tap at the top. There you will find the settings
    >>> for leaving messages on server. Good Luck
    >>>

    > Short term memory banks shot here :) I have to repeat each step as I go
    > and I haven't used OE for over a year now.

    Don`t worry G. It`s just a case of another brain cell dying. Join the club.
    <g>.

    old jon, Aug 2, 2005
  8. Fido

    Old Gringo Guest

    old jon wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>s_powelson wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thanks, I knew that at one time...but senility is rearing it's hoary
    >>>head...

    >>Short term memory banks shot here :) I have to repeat each step as I go
    >>and I haven't used OE for over a year now.
    >>

    > Don`t worry G. It`s just a case of another brain cell dying. Join the club.
    > <g>.
    >

    >>--
    >>Old Gringo George
    >>Magic Weaver Of Life
    >>Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>

    LOL Hi Jon. Some one told me that about 20,000 die each day of
    natural causes. :)

    Old Gringo, Aug 2, 2005