  1. just bob

    just bob Guest

    Any suggestions?
    just bob, Aug 24, 2007

  2. just bob

    just bob Guest

    "just bob" <kilbyfan@aoldotcom> wrote in message
    news:46cf43d9$0$27237$...
    > Any suggestions?

    More info: Around pocket size, for casual family shooting by a young
    grandma.
    just bob, Aug 24, 2007

  3. just bob

    dwight Guest

    > "just bob" <kilbyfan@aoldotcom> wrote in message
    >> Any suggestions?

    > More info: Around pocket size, for casual family shooting by a young
    > grandma.

    I suggest http://www.bhphotovideo.com

    Search digital cameras.
    Refine search for 3" LCD.
    Then sort results by price.

    Sorry, but given your criteria, that's the best I can do.

    dwight
    dwight, Aug 25, 2007
  4. On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 19:47:18 -0400, dwight wrote:

    > "just bob" <kilbyfan@aoldotcom> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "just bob" <kilbyfan@aoldotcom> wrote in message
    >>> Any suggestions?

    >> More info: Around pocket size, for casual family shooting by a young
    >> grandma.

    > I suggest http://www.bhphotovideo.com
    >
    > Search digital cameras.
    > Refine search for 3" LCD.
    > Then sort results by price.
    >
    > Sorry, but given your criteria, that's the best I can do.
    >
    > dwight

    With DEEP pockets there is the Canon 1Ds MkIII. :)

    --
    Neil
    Carl Neil Ellwood, Aug 25, 2007
  5. just bob

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>, Carl Neil Ellwood
    says...

    > >> More info: Around pocket size, for casual family shooting by a young
    > >> grandma.

    > With DEEP pockets there is the Canon 1Ds MkIII. :)

    It's not pocket size. That's a 1.4Kg monster (body only), which with a
    lens should be in the 2-3 Kg range.
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Aug 25, 2007
  6. just bob

    Ron Hunter Guest

    just bob wrote:
    > "just bob" <kilbyfan@aoldotcom> wrote in message
    >> Any suggestions?

    > More info: Around pocket size, for casual family shooting by a young
    > grandma.

    Well, there's always the iPhone. Grin.
    Ron Hunter, Aug 25, 2007
  7. On Aug 25, 5:47 am, "just bob" <kilbyfan@aoldotcom> wrote:
    > Any suggestions?

    Gee -- why do you need a 3" LCD ? Are you too old, and cannot see
    properly ? Are you far-sighted ?

    In this case, you better sit at home, and do not make any pictures --
    you will not do good pictures, anyway...
    Beladi Nasralla, Aug 25, 2007
  8. just bob

    dwight Guest

    "Beladi Nasralla" <> wrote in message
    > On Aug 25, 5:47 am, "just bob" <kilbyfan@aoldotcom> wrote:
    >> Any suggestions?

    > Gee -- why do you need a 3" LCD ? Are you too old, and cannot see
    > properly ? Are you far-sighted ?
    >
    > In this case, you better sit at home, and do not make any pictures --
    > you will not do good pictures, anyway...

    All we know is that the camera will be for granny. We don't know what
    granny's vision is like.

    I bought the Canon SD630 for my wife, precisely because it has the 3"
    display (and no viewfinder). She's had laser eye surgery and now, for the
    first time in her life, doesn't need glasses while driving. But the house is
    peppered with $1.00 reading glasses. She traded her near vision for far.

    To me, this camera is the ultimate "point and shoot". There isn't even a
    viewfinder to confuse the issue. Just hold up the camera, frame the shot as
    best you can, and shoot. And, with that MASSIVE 3" display, she can actually
    see what it was that she just shot.

    For her, it's a good thing. For me, eh.

    For granny, it may be just the ticket.

    dwight
    dwight, Aug 25, 2007
  9. On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:08:18 +0200, Alfred Molon wrote:

    > In article <>, Carl Neil Ellwood
    > says...

    >> With DEEP pockets there is the Canon 1Ds MkIII. :)

    > It's not pocket size. That's a 1.4Kg monster (body only), which with a
    > lens should be in the 2-3 Kg range.

    Why do you think I said DEEP pockets? Please keep up.

    --
    Neil
    Carl Neil Ellwood, Aug 25, 2007
  10. just bob

    Allen Guest

    Carl Neil Ellwood wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:08:18 +0200, Alfred Molon wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>, Carl Neil Ellwood
    >> says...

    >>> With DEEP pockets there is the Canon 1Ds MkIII. :)

    >> It's not pocket size. That's a 1.4Kg monster (body only), which with a
    >> lens should be in the 2-3 Kg range.

    > Why do you think I said DEEP pockets? Please keep up.

    What part of "P&S" don't you understand?
    Allen
    Allen, Aug 25, 2007
  11. just bob

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>, Carl Neil Ellwood
    says...
    > >> With DEEP pockets there is the Canon 1Ds MkIII. :)

    > > It's not pocket size. That's a 1.4Kg monster (body only), which with a
    > > lens should be in the 2-3 Kg range.

    > Why do you think I said DEEP pockets? Please keep up.

    Doesn't "deep pockets" mean having lots of cash (necessary to buy a
    camera like that)? In any case, English is not my native language.
    --

    Alfred Molon
    Alfred Molon, Aug 25, 2007
  12. just bob

    Allen Guest

    Alfred Molon wrote:
    > In article <>, Carl Neil Ellwood
    > says...
    >>> It's not pocket size. That's a 1.4Kg monster (body only), which with a
    >>> lens should be in the 2-3 Kg range.

    >> Why do you think I said DEEP pockets? Please keep up.

    > Doesn't "deep pockets" mean having lots of cash (necessary to buy a
    > camera like that)? In any case, English is not my native language.

    Right. And you seem to have a better command of the English language
    than a certain other poster in this thread.
    Allen
    Allen, Aug 26, 2007
  13. just bob

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Beladi Nasralla wrote:
    > On Aug 25, 5:47 am, "just bob" <kilbyfan@aoldotcom> wrote:
    >> Any suggestions?

    > Gee -- why do you need a 3" LCD ? Are you too old, and cannot see
    > properly ? Are you far-sighted ?
    >
    > In this case, you better sit at home, and do not make any pictures --
    > you will not do good pictures, anyway...

    I am old, and far-sighted, actually, just can't focus close up. And I
    can take quite good pictures, thanks. A 3" LCD is a fine idea in case
    you want to use the camera to show others the pictures you have taken.
    Don't be so snarky about us old guys. With any luck, you will get old too.
    Ron Hunter, Aug 26, 2007
  14. just bob

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 13:19:31 -0500, Carl Neil Ellwood wrote:

    >>> With DEEP pockets there is the Canon 1Ds MkIII. :)

    >> It's not pocket size. That's a 1.4Kg monster (body only), which with a
    >> lens should be in the 2-3 Kg range.

    > Why do you think I said DEEP pockets? Please keep up.

    We all know what is meant by "DEEP pockets". Do you know what is
    meant by "Least expensive", "P&S" and "pocket size"? It's obvious
    that you do, but your response was neither helpful nor as amusing as
    you thought it might be. "Please keep up" seems to be just an
    attempt to talk yourself out of the spot you put yourself in. You'd
    have come across better if you tried for a more graceful exit.
    ASAAR, Aug 26, 2007
  15. just bob

    peter Guest

    peter, Aug 26, 2007
  16. just bob

    bugbear Guest

    dwight wrote:

    > To me, this camera is the ultimate "point and shoot". There isn't even a
    > viewfinder to confuse the issue. Just hold up the camera, frame the shot as
    > best you can, and shoot. And, with that MASSIVE 3" display, she can actually
    > see what it was that she just shot.
    >
    > For her, it's a good thing. For me, eh.

    I've found that camera with Large displays (mine 2.5")
    are NOT need to take photographs.

    But they're excellent for reviewing photographs,
    and (in my case) end up as portable viewers,
    useful for showing other people your photographs.

    (e.g. take a picture at a party, people ask to see it,
    then say "can you do me a print of that")

    BugBear
    bugbear, Aug 28, 2007