Leased Line configuration on Serial Port (Cisco 1841)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Master of Public Administration, Mar 11, 2008.

  1. Hi all,

    Just wondering id some one is able to assit me with setting up 2 x
    Cisco 1841 To connect to a Leased Line connection. Details Listed
    Below.

    Cisco 1841 Have Cisco IOS 12.1 - Also Have Serial Interface Cards
    Installed

    Site A

    Remote Site with a 2mb Leased Line connection
    IP Range 10.1.10.1 - 10.1.10.255
    Ideally Would Like Router on IP 10.1.10.254
    Need To connect to Site B for File / Exchange / DHCP

    Site B

    Main Site With 2mb Leased Line to Site A - Internet Connectivity
    Through Gateway 10.1.15.254
    IP Range 10.1.1.1 - 10.1.9.254
    DHCP 10.1.14.10
    DNS 10.1.14.10 10.1.14.40

    Looking for the best way to connect Site A to B with DHCP provided
    and
    internet through 10.1.15.254

    Thanks

    Master of Public Administration, Mar 11, 2008

  2. Master of Public Administration

    L J Guest

    setup a gre tunnel between A and B
    add static routes on both routers to reach the LAN subnets through the
    tunnel
    confugure ip helper 10.1.14.10 on LAN interface of A
    configure DHCP pool on ROuter B for Router A's LAN subnet
    encrypt the tunnel after you get everything working

    L J, Mar 12, 2008

  3. Master of Public Administration

    Guest

    I don't understand the reason for GRE tunnel LJ mentions, perhaps I'm
    not following what you want to do.

    When you say you have a 2Mb leased line and your routers have serial
    interfaces, I'm assuming that means there is some sort of multiplexer
    that telco is providing you to bond multiple T1s? Or maybe you just
    use E1? At any rate the serial interfaces below may need more
    configuration specific to clocking and framing - but you don't provide
    particulars.

    Its awfully tough to give you router config without understanding more
    of your SITEB setup, but in general ROUTERA is awfully simple to set
    up. It doesn't sound like you have a routing protocol running so
    we'll just use a static

    ROUTERA:

    interface serial 0/0
    description LINK_TO_ROUTERB_2Mb
    ip address 10.50.1.1 255.255.255.252

    interface fastethernet 0/0
    ip address 10.1.10.254 255.255.255.0
    ip helper-address 10.1.14.10 (sounds like 10.1.14.10 is a MS DHCP
    server of some variety?)

    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.50.1.2

    ROUTERB:

    interface serial 0/0
    description LINK_TO_ROUTERA_2Mb
    ip address 10.50.1.2 255.255.255.252

    interface fastethernet 0/0
    description This might not be how your network is laid out, so the
    default route below might not make sense if this particular router
    doesnt have an interface on 10.1.15.x
    ip address 10.1.15.x

    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.1.15.254

    On Mar 11, 11:49 am, Master of Public Administration
    <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Just wondering id some one is able to assit me with setting up 2 x
    > Cisco 1841 To connect to a Leased Line connection. Details Listed
    > Below.
    >
    > Cisco 1841 Have Cisco IOS 12.1 - Also Have Serial Interface Cards
    > Installed
    >
    > Site A
    >
    > Remote Site with a 2mb Leased Line connection
    > IP Range 10.1.10.1 - 10.1.10.255
    > Ideally Would Like Router on IP 10.1.10.254
    > Need To connect to Site B for File / Exchange / DHCP
    >
    > Site B
    >
    > Main Site With 2mb Leased Line to Site A - Internet Connectivity
    > Through Gateway 10.1.15.254
    > IP Range 10.1.1.1 - 10.1.9.254
    > DHCP 10.1.14.10
    > DNS 10.1.14.10 10.1.14.40
    >
    > Looking for the best way to connect Site A to B with DHCP provided
    > and
    > internet through 10.1.15.254
    >
    > Thanks

    , Mar 13, 2008