    farther than this course. Any advice and/or recommendations welcome.

    --

    Kenny
    Kenny Cargill, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Kenny Cargill

    Jinkies Guest

    In article <bqsm9o$25tol9$-berlin.de>,
    says...

    >Started a course which includes Visual Basic 6. Local bookshops only have
    >books on VB.net, will one of these be suitable for learning VB 6? Some VB6
    >books on Amazon UK but which one should I go for? Looking at the "For
    >Dummies" , "Teach Yourself in 24 hours" or "Teach Yourself in 21 Days".

    How about "You Already Taught Yourself This Last Week, Dummy!"
    Jinkies, Dec 6, 2003

  3. Kenny Cargill

    Jinkies Guest

    In article <bqsm9o$25tol9$-berlin.de>,
    says...

    >Started a course which includes Visual Basic 6. Local bookshops only have
    >books on VB.net, will one of these be suitable for learning VB 6? Some VB6
    >books on Amazon UK but which one should I go for? Looking at the "For
    >Dummies" ,

    Is it true that the For Dummies publishing empire is owned by the estate of the
    late Redd Foxx?!
    Jinkies, Dec 6, 2003
  4. Kenny Cargill

    Gary Guest

    VB 6 and VB.net are two different products. I have taken both classes.

    Gary, Dec 6, 2003
  5. Have settled on Sams "Teach yourself VB 6 in 21 days" and found some good
    tutorial sites. Thanks for the replies.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny Cargill, Dec 7, 2003
  6. Kenny Cargill

    James Guest

    "Kenny Cargill" <> wrote in message
    > Started a course which includes Visual Basic 6. Local bookshops only have
    > books on VB.net, will one of these be suitable for learning VB 6? Some

    VB6
    > books on Amazon UK but which one should I go for? Looking at the "For
    > Dummies" , "Teach Yourself in 24 hours" or "Teach Yourself in 21 Days". I
    > am a total beginner to any kind of programming and unlikely to take it
    > farther than this course. Any advice and/or recommendations welcome.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Kenny

    Don't bother learning VB6 - as it will be discontinued in 2007... Learn
    either VB.NET or C#.NET - The latter being the language of choice for many
    professionals now - Using the .NET Framework will soon be the only way to go
    for Windows devlopers.

    James
    James, Dec 8, 2003