    farther than this course. Any advice and/or recommendations welcome.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny Cargill, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Kenny Cargill

    B Guest

    "Kenny Cargill" <> wrote in
    news:bqsmc3$25ntp3$-berlin.de:

    > Started a course which includes Visual Basic 6. Local bookshops only
    > have books on VB.net, will one of these be suitable for learning VB 6?
    > Some VB6 books on Amazon UK but which one should I go for? Looking
    > at the "For Dummies" , "Teach Yourself in 24 hours" or "Teach Yourself
    > in 21 Days". I am a total beginner to any kind of programming and
    > unlikely to take it farther than this course. Any advice and/or
    > recommendations welcome.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Kenny

    VB.NET and VB6 are two different programming disciplines. One just cannot
    apply VB.NET to what's happening in VB6. And one must throw out what has
    been learned in VB6 when stepping up to VB.NET. You should find a book on
    VB6, if you need to be learning VB6. I think that you should be able to
    call any bookstore such as B. Dalton's or others and order the book
    you're looking for.

    MSPress books come to mine too.

    Duane :)

    B, Dec 6, 2003