    farther than this course. Any advice and/or recommendations welcome.

    --

    Kenny
    Kenny Cargill, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Kenny Cargill

    °Mike° Guest

    http://www.google.com/search?q=learning visual basic 6

    http://www.google.com/search?q=visual basic 6 dummies

    On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 13:42:32 -0000, in
    <bqsm89$26g2kf$-berlin.de>
    Kenny Cargill scrawled:

    >Started a course which includes Visual Basic 6. Local bookshops only have
    >books on VB.net, will one of these be suitable for learning VB 6? Some VB6
    >books on Amazon UK but which one should I go for? Looking at the "For
    >Dummies" , "Teach Yourself in 24 hours" or "Teach Yourself in 21 Days". I
    >am a total beginner to any kind of programming and unlikely to take it
    >farther than this course. Any advice and/or recommendations welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 6, 2003

  3. Kenny Cargill

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 13:42:32 -0000, Kenny Cargill wrote:

    >Started a course which includes Visual Basic 6. Local bookshops only have
    >books on VB.net, will one of these be suitable for learning VB 6? Some VB6

    No.
    >books on Amazon UK but which one should I go for? Looking at the "For
    >Dummies" , "Teach Yourself in 24 hours" or "Teach Yourself in 21 Days". I

    It depends, how long is your course is, what you have to do. Maybe your
    local library can get a few for you instead.

    I have some of the SAMS TY <time period> and Dummies. They are all
    pretty much the same. You should try and look at the course requirements
    and check the book content pages to see what's covered.

    As for the 24h / 21days depends on what you need to know. I get
    Dummies/24hr for a quick into to the subject or I have been asked to fix
    something. If I plan on using something a bit longer then it's 21days
    and one of the more indepth O'Reilly reference style books.

    Also as Mike pointed out, lots of tutorial sites exist as well.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Dec 6, 2003
  4. Thanks for the replies. It's a 9 month course called WebPro which includes
    VB 6, CIW (including HTML, Front Page & Dreamweaver) Flash & Photoshop.
    Some notes and materials are supplied but would like a VB reference book,
    preferably with plenty of examples I could practice on at home.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny Cargill, Dec 6, 2003
  5. Kenny Cargill

    Cicero Guest

    "Kenny Cargill" <> wrote in message
    > Started a course which includes Visual Basic 6. Local bookshops only have
    > books on VB.net, will one of these be suitable for learning VB 6? Some

    VB6
    > books on Amazon UK but which one should I go for? Looking at the "For
    > Dummies" , "Teach Yourself in 24 hours" or "Teach Yourself in 21 Days". I
    > am a total beginner to any kind of programming and unlikely to take it
    > farther than this course. Any advice and/or recommendations welcome.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Kenny

    ==============
    "Visual Basic 6 COMPLETE" - published by Sybex is very good value at £15-00p
    approx.

    It's a compilation of 5 Sybex books (1000 pages) and includes both tutorials
    and a complete language reference.

    I bought it from Computer Manuals in Birmingham (England). www.compman.co.uk

    They're currently offering it on discount at £11.99p

    Cic.
    Cicero, Dec 6, 2003
  6. Kenny Cargill

    Raido Guest

    Very good book!
    I learn VB from it right now and it helps me a lot.

    Also beginner

    Raido, Dec 8, 2003