    of them. I don't need to receive any. But one of my concerns is that a text
    message won't reach the recipient because of the carrier.

    Thanks.

    VM, Jul 1, 2004

  2. VM

    Dave Guest

    hmmm, future sms spammer... that is probably a bit beyond what this group
    normally covers, that being how to wirelessly network computers on a lan.
    and that whole idea is probably why sms providers limit who or how to send
    messages to their subscribers.... i know i wouldn't pay for sms service if i
    was open to spam on it!

    "VM" <> wrote in message
    > I've always had this idea of being able to send SMS messages (using an
    > application that I make) from my PC to several mobile phones. The

    problem(s)
    > I've encountered are that an SMS can only be sent to a mobile if the

    service
    > carrier agrees to it.
    >
    > Would it possible (either by speaking to the carrier or doing directly,
    > etc...) to send an SMS to any number regardless of the service they use?
    > What books would you recommend to learn about how sending an SMS works?
    >
    > If it is possible, I'd be writing the application in .Net C#. In the
    > future, I'd like to send bulk messaging to cell phones. My goal would be

    > have a DB full of names and numbers and sending the same message to each

    one

    Dave, Jul 1, 2004

  3. VM

    Guest Guest

    You should forget this idea.
    SMS are handled and send by the SMSC (SMS server0 from
    the cellular provider.
    There is no way to send mass-SMS without access to the
    server, and of course the help of the provider.

    My goal would be to

    Guest, Jul 2, 2004