    appreciated.
    Thanx in advance.
    Pram

    PramS, Jan 20, 2004

  2. PramS

    Hermit Dave Guest

    i would say... learn bout .net framework as such... yes you can give
    certification.. and might help you with job hunt but it wont substitute real
    experience...
    try some freelance work... if you know your thing..... you will be fine...
    trust me...i take the longest time when i am doing some project on some
    thing i have never worked on before.. i change it 3 times over cause i am
    learning at that point... i learn how to do something in a better way..
    there are times when i find a good way from a newsgroup post (there are so
    many nice souls around) so put something together if you need any help with
    code you have newsgroups covering all areas of .net framework.....
    and if you look at the right places... might get paid a bit as well....

    Good luck....
    --
    Regards,
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Jan 20, 2004

  3. PramS

    Kumar Guest

    HI Pram,
    Mcad may not get you a job.. but it can surely get some
    much needed confidence in your abilities.. By pursuing
    certification.. you are not just improving your job
    chances.. but also your knowledge in the so called hot
    technologies.. Believe me..you would surely be much better
    than just learning with out a proper goal.. By the way I
    am also a recent graduate and pursuing mcad..

    Kumar, Jan 20, 2004
  4. PramS

    Eric Guest

    I'd say you should try to get an entry level position with a company
    first. Put a bullet on your resume that shows you have an interest in
    ..NET.

    While you're looking for a job (which should be your first priority),
    you could be studying the Amit Kalani book on ASP.NET. It has a lot of
    "hands on" exercises that will help you learn.

    Eric, Jan 20, 2004
  5. PramS

    Guest Guest

    Thank you all for your great advice. I am gonna be looking
    for a job and at the same time pursue MCAD certifications.

    Guest, Jan 20, 2004
  6. PramS

    Guest Guest

    It might help to impress someone but passing the certs
    does not mean you understand how to use the lang in the
    real world. I have my MCAD but I also know how to
    actually use the lang/framework. Practical knowledge will
    help better when it comes time to do the real work in the
    real world.

    Guest, Jan 22, 2004