    passwords. I believe this is possible but I just don't
    know why.

    Any help or inputs? Thanks....
    vicmaro, Nov 14, 2003

  2. vicmaro

    Herb Martin Guest

    "vicmaro" <> wrote in message
    news:3d6b01c3aa9a$967e7020$...
    > I have a Win2K ADS in place. We also have Mac and Linux
    > servers. How do I authenticate users in Mac and Linux
    > using LDAP? I don't want users to maintain so many
    > passwords. I believe this is possible but I just don't
    > know why.

    Do you mean "logon Authentication" using LDAP?

    I don't believe you can do this.

    --
    Herb Martin
    Herb Martin, Nov 14, 2003

  3. vicmaro

    Consultant Guest

    http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/ldap/security/ldap.html

    Consultant, Nov 14, 2003
  4. vicmaro

    vicmaro Guest

    Is it possible to use my Win2K server as LDAP server? Is
    it capable to such services?

    vicmaro, Nov 18, 2003
  5. vicmaro

    Herb Martin Guest

    It is an LDAP server if it is a DC (or running the new ADAM under Win2003).

    What specifically do you wish to use LDAP to accomplish?

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Nov 18, 2003
  6. vicmaro

    Consultant Guest

    im sure

    Consultant, Nov 18, 2003
  7. vicmaro

    Jtyc Guest

    > Is it possible to use my Win2K server as LDAP server? Is
    > it capable to such services?

    Site Server is the way to go for LDAP.

    *crickets*

    Why is everyone staring at me?