LDAP Problem on Content Server Switch (CSS)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by sn3ak3rp1mp, Aug 27, 2006.

  1. sn3ak3rp1mp

    sn3ak3rp1mp Guest

    Hello All,

    Couldn't find any other Cisco groups...

    We have a large LDAP deployment using Sun's Directory Server product,
    available to clients from a set of Cisco CSS devices.

    Recently we've been having performance issues with clients that issue a
    large number of connections, i.e. they're not utilizing Connection
    Pooling or reusing connections, and place a large network load on the
    infrastructure.

    Are there any configurable parameters on the CSS which would be thought
    to have an impact on performance in a case like this? We've been down
    the TCP tuning road on the LDAP servers themselves and have not yet had
    any luck.

    Thanks in Advance!
    Cheers,
    Paul
    sn3ak3rp1mp, Aug 27, 2006

  2. Hi Paul,

    You may also wish to investigate the Cisco Content Networking Forum.

    Caching, SSL acceleration, server load balancing, content delivery,
    live and on-demand streaming:

    http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servl...d=display_messages&mode=new&location=.ee7814f

    and the Tek-Tips Sun Microsystems Servers Forum:

    http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=518

    as well as the Tek-Tips Sun Solaris Forum:

    http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=60

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology
    http://www.BradReese.Com
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
    http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm#CISCO
    www.BradReese.Com, Aug 27, 2006

  3. sn3ak3rp1mp

    sn3ak3rp1mp Guest

    Thanks Brad, I'll do some more digging.
    /me hopes the Cisco forums are not support subscription based ;-)
    Cheers,
    Paul
    sn3ak3rp1mp, Aug 28, 2006
  4. Paul,

    Those are free.

    You may also wish to personally contact Cisco's Content Networking
    Expert.

    Mr. Gilles Dufour, Dual CCIE No. 3878 Security / Routing and Switching.

    Email: gdufour *at* cisco.com

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    Cisco Repair