    Has anyone actually seen a LCJ-FHA case, and if so, can you please let me
    know about whether it comes with or is capable of being used with a strap?

    Many thanks.

    NoSpam, Nov 30, 2003

  2. NoSpam

    someone Guest

    On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:47:42 -0500, "NoSpam" <> posted:

    >I have been looking at both the LCJ-FHA and the LCS-FX cases for a Sony
    >DSC-F717 camera.
    >
    >The LCS-FX clearly included a shoulder strap, but it is a bit bulkier than
    >the camera, which is already pretty big.
    >
    >It isn't clear whether the LCJ-FHA, a more compact case, includes a shoulder
    >strap, or even has provisions for one.
    >
    >Has anyone actually seen a LCJ-FHA case, and if so, can you please let me
    >know about whether it comes with or is capable of being used with a strap?
    >
    >Many thanks.

    will you be acquiring the wide/tele adaptors in future? will the 717 with
    adaptors still fit?

    someone, Dec 1, 2003

  3. On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:47:42 -0500, "NoSpam" <>
    wrote:

    >I have been looking at both the LCJ-FHA and the LCS-FX cases for a Sony
    >DSC-F717 camera.
    >
    >The LCS-FX clearly included a shoulder strap, but it is a bit bulkier than
    >the camera, which is already pretty big.
    >
    >It isn't clear whether the LCJ-FHA, a more compact case, includes a shoulder
    >strap, or even has provisions for one.
    >
    >Has anyone actually seen a LCJ-FHA case, and if so, can you please let me
    >know about whether it comes with or is capable of being used with a strap?

    Do you really have your heart set on a Sony branded case, or are you
    open to other options? Reason I'm asking is that the Sony cases you
    mentioned are rather expensive for what you're getting. For example,
    my F717 makes it's home in a soft leather SLR case that I picked up at
    a used camera shop about 8 years ago for about $10. The same case has
    been home to a Nikormat FM2, a Nikon F601 and now the Sony F717. You
    might want to consider shopping around a bit more. You could save
    yourself a fair bundle.

    Paul Fedorenko, Dec 1, 2003
  4. NoSpam

    Rick Guest

    "Paul Fedorenko" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:47:42 -0500, "NoSpam" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I have been looking at both the LCJ-FHA and the LCS-FX cases for a Sony
    > >DSC-F717 camera.
    > >
    > >The LCS-FX clearly included a shoulder strap, but it is a bit bulkier than
    > >the camera, which is already pretty big.
    > >
    > >It isn't clear whether the LCJ-FHA, a more compact case, includes a shoulder
    > >strap, or even has provisions for one.
    > >
    > >Has anyone actually seen a LCJ-FHA case, and if so, can you please let me
    > >know about whether it comes with or is capable of being used with a strap?

    > Do you really have your heart set on a Sony branded case, or are you
    > open to other options? Reason I'm asking is that the Sony cases you
    > mentioned are rather expensive for what you're getting. For example,
    > my F717 makes it's home in a soft leather SLR case that I picked up at
    > a used camera shop about 8 years ago for about $10. The same case has
    > been home to a Nikormat FM2, a Nikon F601 and now the Sony F717. You
    > might want to consider shopping around a bit more. You could save
    > yourself a fair bundle.

    Good advice. You can pick up a brand new Lowepro Zoom 2
    or Nova Mini for less than the cost of Sony's cases, and they're
    a lot more functional.. E.g. Sony's FX case is not big enough
    even to accomodate the camera strap without a lot of effort,
    and the top flap has gaps on either side -- it's pretty much
    useless for keeping out dust, dirt and the occasional raindrop.

    Rick

    Rick, Dec 1, 2003
  5. NoSpam

    NoSpam Guest

    > > On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:47:42 -0500, "NoSpam" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >I have been looking at both the LCJ-FHA and the LCS-FX cases for a Sony
    > > >DSC-F717 camera.

    > > Do you really have your heart set on a Sony branded case, or are you
    > > open to other options? Reason I'm asking is that the Sony cases you
    > > mentioned are rather expensive for what you're getting. For example,
    > > my F717 makes it's home in a soft leather SLR case that I picked up at
    > > a used camera shop about 8 years ago for about $10. The same case has
    > > been home to a Nikormat FM2, a Nikon F601 and now the Sony F717. You
    > > might want to consider shopping around a bit more. You could save
    > > yourself a fair bundle.

    > Good advice. You can pick up a brand new Lowepro Zoom 2
    > or Nova Mini for less than the cost of Sony's cases, and they're
    > a lot more functional.. E.g. Sony's FX case is not big enough
    > even to accommodate the camera strap without a lot of effort,
    > and the top flap has gaps on either side -- it's pretty much
    > useless for keeping out dust, dirt and the occasional raindrop.
    >
    > Rick

    I guess that I had thought that I had to go with a Sony case because of the
    odd shape of the DSC-F717. I had assumed that if I just put it into a more
    conventional "lunchbox" style case that it would just bounce around and not
    enjoy much protection.

    Since you all seem to have gone with more conventional cases, how do you
    manage to keep your F717 from moving around and getting banged up in a
    non-formfitting case?

    Thanks again for the advice.

    S.

    NoSpam, Dec 1, 2003
  6. NoSpam

    Rick Guest

    "NoSpam" <> wrote in message news:...
    > "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > > "Paul Fedorenko" <> wrote in message

    > > > Do you really have your heart set on a Sony branded case, or are you
    > > > open to other options? Reason I'm asking is that the Sony cases you
    > > > mentioned are rather expensive for what you're getting. For example,
    > > > my F717 makes it's home in a soft leather SLR case that I picked up at
    > > > a used camera shop about 8 years ago for about $10. The same case has
    > > > been home to a Nikormat FM2, a Nikon F601 and now the Sony F717. You
    > > > might want to consider shopping around a bit more. You could save
    > > > yourself a fair bundle.

    > > Good advice. You can pick up a brand new Lowepro Zoom 2
    > > or Nova Mini for less than the cost of Sony's cases, and they're
    > > a lot more functional.. E.g. Sony's FX case is not big enough
    > > even to accommodate the camera strap without a lot of effort,
    > > and the top flap has gaps on either side -- it's pretty much
    > > useless for keeping out dust, dirt and the occasional raindrop.
    > >
    > > Rick

    > I guess that I had thought that I had to go with a Sony case because of the
    > odd shape of the DSC-F717. I had assumed that if I just put it into a more
    > conventional "lunchbox" style case that it would just bounce around and not
    > enjoy much protection.
    >
    > Since you all seem to have gone with more conventional cases, how do you
    > manage to keep your F717 from moving around and getting banged up in a
    > non-formfitting case?

    We use a Nova Mini which has 2 movable, padded interior
    dividers. These can be repositioned to make the F717 fit very
    snug, and there's enough room in the adjoining compartments
    for the recharger & cord, extra battery, memory sticks etc.
    The case has more padding and offers much better protection
    than either the FHA or FX.

    Rick

    Rick, Dec 1, 2003
  7. NoSpam

    Guest

    I on the other hand Love my Sony leather case.
    I've had generic cases with other cams and carried more stuff.
    I hike with my dogs and go to horse shows and love how compact and easy
    to carry my FX case is. Once in a while people give me a funny look as I
    think they think I'm packing a firearm.

    enjoy

    --
    -