    Any Ideas?
    thx,
    Eric

    NetRanger, Jul 22, 2003

  2. NetRanger

    Berry Guest

    I guess it is the internal cabling or the controller.

    "NetRanger" <> wrote in message
    > Hello, I got a serious problem on my Dell Inspiron 3500 laptop LCD

    monitor.

    Berry, Jul 22, 2003

  3. NetRanger

    HamMan Guest

    "Berry" <> wrote in message
    > I guess it is the internal cabling or the controller.
    >
    > "NetRanger" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello, I got a serious problem on my Dell Inspiron 3500 laptop LCD

    > monitor.
    > > All the white color become purple (That looks really scary).
    > > Sometime it would be a little bit better if I use my fingers to push the
    > > monitor at the back. I know that something is wrong with the displaying
    > > system, but I'm not sure if it is the problem of the video card or LCD
    > > monitor, or ... both.
    > > Any Ideas?
    > > thx,
    > > Eric

    I would say the cabling.

    If its out of warrantee, unscreen the screens casing and check the cables
    are all plugged in. Fudge around with them a bit even if they are.

    If it is in warantee send it back, screens are rather expensive

    HamMan, Jul 22, 2003
  4. NetRanger

    paul s Guest

    NetRanger wrote:

    > Hello, I got a serious problem on my Dell Inspiron 3500 laptop LCD
    > monitor. All the white color become purple (That looks really scary).
    > Sometime it would be a little bit better if I use my fingers to push the
    > monitor at the back. I know that something is wrong with the displaying
    > system, but I'm not sure if it is the problem of the video card or LCD
    > monitor, or ... both.
    > Any Ideas?

    Fault may be with the ribbon cables, connecting the TFT screen to the
    mainboard. Could be worth taking a look to make sure their seated
    correctly. Be very careful when stripping the laptop the TFT module itself
    is very fragile.
    --
    Paul S

    paul s, Jul 22, 2003