    luck.

    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Jeff Durham, Jun 14, 2004

  2. On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:07:17 GMT, "Jeff Durham"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a Canon Rebel which has the LCD display on the back of the camera,
    >which almost every other digital camera has as well. What annoys me is
    >getting oil or sweat from your face or fingerprints on the display. I had
    >this problem of course with my other digital camera (P&S from eight years
    >ago). I only wiped it down occasionally rather than frequently to avoid
    >scratching it. Even today after thousands or pictures later, it still is in
    >great condition.
    >
    >Anyone have suggestions on how to keep this clean or how it should be
    >cleaned? I did notice that one of the accessories for the Rebel is an
    >extended viewfinder piece. Anyone use that and if so, how you do you like
    >it? Some of the prosumer models and other P&S actually have the LCD on a
    >hinge so that it can be turned backwards (placed against the body) when not
    >needed. That design does help, but if you need the LCD info, you are out of
    >luck.

    I just use a "dusting" cloth cut down to a sensible size that has been
    through the washer a couple of times to remove the fluff.

    Baby wipes are also quite good, but I'm not sure if there is likely to
    be a long term problem with the stuff in them against the "plastic"

    For most LCD's if they need a good clean I tend to use water and a
    couple of drops of washing up liquid, and keep scrubbing the cloth
    together (like an old washer woman at the river bank) while placing it
    under the tap and out again till it just stops "frothing" which leaves
    just enough soap to work, but not so it leaves deposits.

    Glasses cleaning cloths also work quite well, especially on "oily"
    smears... just a breathy "huff" and a wipe as tho cleaning glasses.

    --
    Jonathan Wilson.
    www.somethingerotic.com
    Jonathan Wilson, Jun 14, 2004

  3. In article <piizc.42395$>, Jeff Durham
    <> writes
    >I have a Canon Rebel which has the LCD display on the back of the camera,
    >which almost every other digital camera has as well. What annoys me is
    >getting oil or sweat from your face or fingerprints on the display. I had
    >this problem of course with my other digital camera (P&S from eight years
    >ago). I only wiped it down occasionally rather than frequently to avoid
    >scratching it. Even today after thousands or pictures later, it still is in
    >great condition.
    >
    >Anyone have suggestions on how to keep this clean or how it should be
    >cleaned? I did notice that one of the accessories for the Rebel is an
    >extended viewfinder piece. Anyone use that and if so, how you do you like
    >it? Some of the prosumer models and other P&S actually have the LCD on a
    >hinge so that it can be turned backwards (placed against the body) when not
    >needed. That design does help, but if you need the LCD info, you are out of
    >luck.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Jeff

    A microfibre lens cleaning cloth is ideal - everyone should have one
    anyway.

    Actually, everyone should have two, a new one for lenses and a
    semi-retired one for other things like this.

    The great advantage of microfibre is that it binds the oil from
    fingerprints quite well instead of smearing it around. They can easily
    be washed, which restores them quite well, though I tend to put them in
    the "semi-retired" category when I need to start washing them.
    --
    David Littlewood
    David Littlewood, Jun 14, 2004
  4. "Jeff Durham" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Canon Rebel which has the LCD display on the back of the camera,
    > which almost every other digital camera has as well. What annoys me is
    > getting oil or sweat from your face or fingerprints on the display. I had
    > this problem of course with my other digital camera (P&S from eight years
    > ago). I only wiped it down occasionally rather than frequently to avoid
    > scratching it. Even today after thousands or pictures later, it still is

    in
    > great condition.
    >
    > Anyone have suggestions on how to keep this clean or how it should be
    > cleaned? I did notice that one of the accessories for the Rebel is an
    > extended viewfinder piece. Anyone use that and if so, how you do you like
    > it? Some of the prosumer models and other P&S actually have the LCD on a
    > hinge so that it can be turned backwards (placed against the body) when

    not
    > needed. That design does help, but if you need the LCD info, you are out

    of
    > luck.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jeff

    The plastic shileds from daproducts.com protect lcds from fingerprints and
    scratches. They cost little, and are easy to clean.
    Marvin Margoshes, Jun 14, 2004