    I'm guessing no, but thought I'd ask anyway.

    Cheers
    Rider
    Rider, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Hi,

    If the pixels aren't damaged, try ArmorAll (car polish). If the pixels are
    damaged, the LCD screen would need to be replaced (if it's possible with
    this particular laptop model). Failing that, buy a new laptop?

    HTH & GL,

    Daniel O'Connell
    Email: dan DOT oconnell AT paradise DOT net DOT nz

    "Rider" <> wrote in message
    > I have a customer with a laptop with a scratch in it. I was wondering if

    you
    > can get these repaired anywhere or maybe the top protective layer

    replaced?

    Daniel O'Connell, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Daniel O'Connell" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > If the pixels aren't damaged, try ArmorAll (car polish). If the pixels are
    > damaged, the LCD screen would need to be replaced (if it's possible with
    > this particular laptop model). Failing that, buy a new laptop?
    >
    > HTH & GL,
    >
    > Daniel O'Connell
    > Email: dan DOT oconnell AT paradise DOT net DOT nz

    The pixels are ok, the scratch is only on the protective outer sheet but it
    is reasonably deep. I am guessing Armorall wont work on one this deep.
    Cheers for the idea though.

    Rider
    Rider, Aug 4, 2003
  4. There is some liquid stuff for CDs that is supposed to fill and repair the
    scratches on them even if the scratches are quite severe. Should be on the
    net.

    "Rider" <> wrote in message

    > "Daniel O'Connell" <> wrote in

    message

    Barry Anderson, Aug 4, 2003
  5. On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:22:45 +1200, Rider wrote:

    > The pixels are ok, the scratch is only on the protective outer sheet but
    > it is reasonably deep. I am guessing Armorall wont work on one this deep.
    > Cheers for the idea though.

    That protective outer sheet is probably polarised...

    As for damaging the pixels, if it did that you'd proabbly have a crack on
    your hands. LCD construction is polariser-glass-lcd-glass-polariser, with
    light and protective coverings outside that.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Aug 4, 2003