    won't do damage if the protector is left on the screen on a hot day. :)

    Thanks,

    S.
    SLerner, Jan 12, 2004

  2. SLerner

    Ken Guest

    Check out http://www.strongengineering.com/ . They have screen protectors
    for PDAs, GPSs, and all sorts of other three-letter acronyms, including DCs.
    I purchased the one for my Garmin GPS and it fit like a glove and very
    transparent. They say they can customize them for you if they don't have
    pre-made protectors for your own camera.

    "SLerner" <> wrote in message
    > I am about to purchase my first digital camera, and I would like to

    protect
    > the LCD from smudges, grease and scratches.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a good screen protector - preferably one whose

    adhesive

    Ken, Jan 12, 2004

  3. "SLerner" <> wrote in message
    > I am about to purchase my first digital camera, and I would like to

    protect
    > the LCD from smudges, grease and scratches.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a good screen protector - preferably one whose

    adhesive
    > won't do damage if the protector is left on the screen on a hot day. :)
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > S.

    Get one form www.daproducts.com. Some Olympus cameras come with these hard
    plastic protectors. The one from the link I've given here cement onto the
    area around the LCD, not on the LCD itself, so they can be safely removed if
    necessary.
    Marvin Margoshes, Jan 12, 2004
  4. SLerner

    Alex Guest

    "SLerner" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I am about to purchase my first digital camera, and I would like to protect
    > the LCD from smudges, grease and scratches.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a good screen protector - preferably one whose adhesive
    > won't do damage if the protector is left on the screen on a hot day. :)

    Where can one get them in the Toronto area?
    Alex, Jan 12, 2004
  5. SLerner

    Ken Guest

    By the way, these are self-adhesive. Kind of like a gentle transparent tape,
    but obviously larger. When removed they won't leave adhesive behind.

    Ken, Jan 13, 2004
  6. SLerner

    Mike Lee Guest

    Right now I use the plastic sheet used to cover books. I just cut it down to
    size. Don't seem to have much problem w/ it. Also used it on my Palm pilot.
    Only thing is that it does leave some adhesive when removed but that can be
    easily removed.

    Mike

    Mike Lee, Jan 23, 2004