    failure? Any ideas why? Is this a common LCD failure?

    Thanks,
    MrB
    MrB, Nov 3, 2006

  2. MrB

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-11-03, MrB <> wrote:
    > Two of three identical LCD screens have recently developed defects. They
    > have been running for about 4+years. The defect is a black patch about the
    > size of an American quarter. One is quite round, the other is a little
    > irregular, but largely round. I shined my flashlight on the screen with the
    > monitor turned off. The black patches are visible and are behind the surface
    > of the screen. These are Neovo monitors. Has anyone seen this type of
    > failure? Any ideas why? Is this a common LCD failure?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > MrB

    'Dead pixels' are a common failure of LCD displays. Many LCD monitors
    have a few dead or 'stuck' pixels even when new, but if there are not too
    many of them in a cluster and the faulty pixels aren't anywhere
    'significant' for the user, they can easily go un-noticed.

    I had one laptop display which went 'dead' over about a third of its area,
    following a slight bump. Replacement is the only cure.

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 3, 2006