    screen with 5ms response and with 2ms response. Is it
    worth getting the faster one, and would this be noticeable
    for watching TV (e.g. for motion of a soccer ball)?
    Old Wolf, Jun 15, 2010

  2. Old Wolf

    David Empson Guest

    Old Wolf <> wrote:

    > I am going to buy a 24" LCD screen -- both for a second screen
    > on my PC, and for watching HDTV (plug directly into the MySky).
    >
    > There is a big price difference between the exact same
    > screen with 5ms response and with 2ms response. Is it
    > worth getting the faster one, and would this be noticeable
    > for watching TV (e.g. for motion of a soccer ball)?

    Standard refresh rate for TV is 25 frames per second (50 fields per
    second), which is 20 ms per field.

    Even the so called "200 Hz" refresh rate TVs only need 5 ms response
    time.

    2 ms would only be significant for computer-generated graphics, e.g.
    allowing a higher frame rate for games. You won't even notice it for any
    kind of TV broadcast, playing DVDs, or similar.

    --
    David Empson
    David Empson, Jun 15, 2010