    I have tried just cleaning it but it did not come off
    Please I need to know how to fix the scratch with out buying anything
    Thanks
    TT8, Dec 27, 2008

  2. TT8

    Emrys Davies Guest

    > I have a TINY (1 mm long scratch) on my HP 1740 LCD Monitor I want to
    > fix the scratch, but how?
    > I have tried just cleaning it but it did not come off
    > Please I need to know how to fix the scratch with out buying anything
    > Thanks

    Plenty of ideas here: http://tinyurl.com/8ebe6b

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.
    Emrys Davies, Dec 27, 2008

  3. TT8

    VanguardLH Guest

    Emrys Davies wrote:

    >> I have a TINY scratch on LCD Monitor I want to fix
    >
    > Plenty of ideas here: http://tinyurl.com/8ebe6b

    For those that would like to see to where the redirect link takes them
    BEFORE they go there, add the "preview" hostname, as in:

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/8ebe6b

    A waste of resources considering the URL for the Google search was
    already short:

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=remove scratch on lcd monitor&btnG=Google Search&meta=

    which could've been reduced to just:

    www.google.com/search?q=remove+scratch+lcd+monitor

    No redirection needed. No need to waste TinyURL's resources. No need
    to hide the destination.
    VanguardLH, Dec 27, 2008
  4. TT8

    Dan C Guest

    > I have a TINY (1 mm long scratch) on my HP 1740 LCD Monitor I want to
    > fix the scratch, but how?
    > I have tried just cleaning it but it did not come off Please I need to
    > know how to fix the scratch with out buying anything Thanks

    Format your hard drive.

    Dan C, Dec 27, 2008
  5. TT8

    Peeassha Guest

    >I have a TINY (1 mm long scratch) on my HP 1740 LCD Monitor I want to
    > fix the scratch, but how?
    > I have tried just cleaning it but it did not come off
    > Please I need to know how to fix the scratch with out buying anything
    > Thanks

    Try autoglass, they mostly just do car windows but i'm sure they'd do your
    computer screen.
    Peeassha, Dec 27, 2008
  6. > I have a TINY (1 mm long scratch) on my HP 1740 LCD Monitor I want to
    > fix the scratch, but how?
    > I have tried just cleaning it but it did not come off
    > Please I need to know how to fix the scratch with out buying anything
    > Thanks

    Is there glass covering the lcd screen or plastic?
    Plastic is easier to fix. Try some pledge furniture polish.
    §ñühw¤£f, Dec 27, 2008
  7. TT8

    TT8 Guest

    > > I have a TINY (1 mm long scratch) on my HP 1740 LCD Monitor I want to
    > > fix the scratch, but how?
    > > I have tried just cleaning it but it did not come off
    > > Please I need to know how to fix the scratch with out buying anything
    > > Thanks
    >
    > Is there glass covering the lcd screen or plastic?
    > Plastic is easier to fix. Try some pledge furniture polish.

    plastic
    Thanks
    TT8, Dec 28, 2008

  8. >>> I have a TINY (1 mm long scratch) on my HP 1740 LCD Monitor I want to
    >>> fix the scratch, but how?
    >>> I have tried just cleaning it but it did not come off
    >>> Please I need to know how to fix the scratch with out buying anything
    >>> Thanks
    >> Is there glass covering the lcd screen or plastic?
    >> Plastic is easier to fix. Try some pledge furniture polish.

    > plastic
    > Thanks

    G00gle instructions on "how to remove scratches from a CD".

    Should give you some ideas.
    HTH
    HAND
    §ñühw¤£f, Dec 28, 2008
  9. TT8

    Emrys Davies Guest

    > I have a TINY (1 mm long scratch) on my HP 1740 LCD Monitor I want to
    > fix the scratch, but how?
    > I have tried just cleaning it but it did not come off
    > Please I need to know how to fix the scratch with out buying anything
    > Thanks

    Hope you are still watching this space. Tonight I discussed your
    problem with a professional car renovator. He strongly suggests that
    you use jewellers rouge. First use the red powder by slightly wetting a
    cloth then dabbing it into the powder and then rubbing it gently over
    the affected area. In this way you will gradually wear down the area
    surrounding the scratch and also include the scratch itself. Jewellers
    white rouge which is slightly less abrasive, if used in the same way,
    will finalise the procedure.

    Incidentally, my friend really knows what he is talking about and uses
    this method successfully on very expensive cars.

    Good luck,
    Emrys Davies.
    Emrys Davies, Dec 30, 2008
  10. TT8

    TT8 Guest

    > > I have a TINY (1 mm long scratch) on my HP 1740 LCD Monitor I want to
    > > fix the scratch, but how?
    > > I have tried just cleaning it but it did not come off
    > > Please I need to know how to fix the scratch with out buying anything
    > > Thanks
    >
    > Hope you are still watching this space. *Tonight I discussed your
    > problem with a professional car renovator. *He strongly suggests that
    > you use jewellers rouge. *First use the red powder by slightly wetting a
    > cloth then dabbing it into the powder and then rubbing it gently over
    > the affected area. *In this way you will gradually wear down the area
    > surrounding the scratch and also include the scratch itself. *Jewellers
    > white rouge which is slightly less abrasive, *if used in the same way,
    > will finalise the procedure.
    >
    > Incidentally, *my friend really knows what he is talking about and uses
    > this method successfully on very expensive cars.
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Emrys Davies.

    Thanks I will try
    TT8, Dec 30, 2008

  11. >> news:...

    >>> I have a TINY (1 mm long scratch) on my HP 1740 LCD Monitor I want to
    >>> fix the scratch, but how?
    >>> I have tried just cleaning it but it did not come off
    >>> Please I need to know how to fix the scratch with out buying anything
    >>> Thanks
    >> Hope you are still watching this space. Tonight I discussed your
    >> problem with a professional car renovator. He strongly suggests that
    >> you use jewellers rouge. First use the red powder by slightly wetting a
    >> cloth then dabbing it into the powder and then rubbing it gently over
    >> the affected area. In this way you will gradually wear down the area
    >> surrounding the scratch and also include the scratch itself. Jewellers
    >> white rouge which is slightly less abrasive, if used in the same way,
    >> will finalise the procedure.
    >>
    >> Incidentally, my friend really knows what he is talking about and uses
    >> this method successfully on very expensive cars.
    >>
    >> Good luck,
    >> Emrys Davies.

    > Thanks I will try

    Well...if you're going to get all technical...try some titanium dioxide
    on a buffing wheel.
    But be gentile or you'll make it way worse.
    §ñühw¤£f, Dec 30, 2008
  12. TT8

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 10:13:14 -0700, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > Well...if you're going to get all technical...try some titanium dioxide
    > on a buffing wheel.
    > But be gentile or you'll make it way worse.

    So if the OP is Jewish he's shit outta luck? I see.

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com
    Aardvark, Dec 30, 2008
  13. Aardvark wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 10:13:14 -0700, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> Well...if you're going to get all technical...try some titanium dioxide
    >> on a buffing wheel.
    >> But be gentile or you'll make it way worse.

    > So if the OP is Jewish he's shit outta luck? I see.

    Reformed...maybe...hassidic...not so much :)
    §ñühw¤£f, Dec 31, 2008
  14. TT8

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:00:16 -0700, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 10:13:14 -0700, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well...if you're going to get all technical...try some titanium
    >>> dioxide on a buffing wheel.
    >>> But be gentile or you'll make it way worse.

    >> So if the OP is Jewish he's shit outta luck? I see.
    >>

    > Reformed...maybe...hassidic...not so much :)

    Happy New Year , mate. It's me birthday so I'm drunk and inna gud mood.

    --
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YXTN3h-b9nU
    Aardvark, Jan 1, 2009
  15. TT8

    TT8 Guest

    On Dec 31 2008, 11:24 pm, Aardvark <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:00:16 -0700, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    > > Aardvark wrote:

    > >> So if the OP is Jewish he's shit outta luck? I see.

    > > Reformed...maybe...hassidic...not so much :)

    > Happy New Year , mate. It's me birthday so I'm drunk and inna gud mood.
    >
    > --http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YXTN3h-b9nU

    Happy Birtday and Happy New Year
    TT8, Jan 1, 2009

  16. >> On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:00:16 -0700, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >>> Reformed...maybe...hassidic...not so much :)
    >> Happy New Year , mate. It's me birthday so I'm drunk and inna gud mood.
    >>
    >> --http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YXTN3h-b9nU

    > Happy Birtday and Happy New Year

    Yeh have a good won...
    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 1, 2009