    When its On I see it all the time except DARK colors (BLACK)
    Please tell me if I can fix this or if is not a SCRATCH
    Thanks
    TT8, Dec 28, 2008

  2. TT8

    chuckcar Guest

    > Can Someone tell me if My LCD has a Scratch or something?
    > It is abot 1 mm long and hair thickness wide goes diagnoaly and I have
    > tried Pencil Eraser, Vaseoline, and Furniture Polish on the "scratch"
    > but it did not goe away I can not see it if I turn the monitor off but
    > When its On I see it all the time except DARK colors (BLACK)
    > Please tell me if I can fix this or if is not a SCRATCH
    > Thanks

    Sounds like pixel failure. Your manual should say something about how many
    have to fail for it to be replaced under warrenty. Failing that call
    whoever made your computer. You *never* get any lit pixels in that spot
    right?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Dec 28, 2008

  3. TT8

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 21:50:57 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Sounds like pixel failure.

    Fail.

    >Your manual should say something about how many
    >have to fail for it to be replaced under warrenty.

    What's a warrenty?

    >Failing that call whoever made your computer.

    WTF? So I have a Compaq Monitor, a Toshiba computer. I should call
    Toshiba?

    Wow.. Dude, put down the peace pipe, Tonto.
    Evan Platt, Dec 28, 2008
  4. TT8

    TT8 Guest

    > > Can Someone tell me if My LCD has a Scratch or something?
    > > It is abot 1 mm long and hair thickness wide goes diagnoaly and I have
    > > tried Pencil Eraser, Vaseoline, and Furniture Polish on the "scratch"
    > > but it did not goe away I can not see it if I turn the monitor off but
    > > When its On I see it all the time except DARK colors (BLACK)
    > > Please tell me if I can fix this or if is not a SCRATCH
    > > Thanks
    >
    > Sounds like pixel failure. Your manual should say something about how many
    > have to fail for it to be replaced under warrenty. Failing that call
    > whoever made your computer. You *never* get any lit pixels in that spot
    > right?
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil) *car(chuck) )

    I ant tell, It could be a scratch
    it is Hair Thickness 1 mm long diagnoly
    TT8, Dec 29, 2008
  5. TT8

    chuckcar Guest

    >> > Can Someone tell me if My LCD has a Scratch or something?
    >> > It is abot 1 mm long and hair thickness wide goes diagnoaly and I
    >> > have tried Pencil Eraser, Vaseoline, and Furniture Polish on the
    >> > "scratch" but it did not goe away I can not see it if I turn the
    >> > monitor off but When its On I see it all the time except DARK colors
    >> > (BLACK) Please tell me if I can fix this or if is not a SCRATCH
    >> > Thanks
    >>
    >> Sounds like pixel failure. Your manual should say something about how
    >> man

    >> have to fail for it to be replaced under warrenty. Failing that call
    >> whoever made your computer. You *never* get any lit pixels in that spot
    >> right?

    > I ant tell, It could be a scratch
    > it is Hair Thickness 1 mm long diagnoly

    Use a magnifying glass or call tech support for (whatever - not yet
    mentioned) company made your computer. We can't go any further here until
    that question is answered.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Dec 29, 2008
  6. TT8

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 02:08:47 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Use a magnifying glass or call tech support for (whatever - not yet
    >mentioned) company made your computer. We can't go any further here until
    >that question is answered.

    Yes, that would make more sense than calling the manufacturer of the
    DISPLAY.

    Moron.
    Evan Platt, Dec 29, 2008
  7. TT8

    Guest

    chuckcar <> wrote:

    >We can't go any further here until
    >that question is answered.

    What's this we crap, everybody is distancing themselves from you.

    --

    Only in Texas
    http://tinyurl.com/74wdlj
  8. TT8

    TT8 Guest

    > >> Sounds like pixel failure. Your manual should say something about how
    > >> man
    > >> have to fail for it to be replaced under warrenty. Failing that call
    > >> whoever made your computer. You *never* get any lit pixels in that spot
    > >> right?
    > > I ant tell, It could be a scratch
    > > it is Hair Thickness 1 mm long diagnoly

    > Use a magnifying glass or call tech support for (whatever - not yet
    > mentioned) company made your computer. We can't go any further here until
    > that question is answered.
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil) *car(chuck) )- Hide quoted text -

    HP L1470
    TT8, Dec 29, 2008
  9. TT8

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 18:21:35 -0800, wrote:

    >What's this we crap, everybody is distancing themselves from you.

    Everybody else has provided decent answers. Then along comes
    chucktard, telling the OP to ask his mechanic....

    I mean, WTF.. "Ask your computer manufacturer about your monitor"?????

    What a dumbfuck.
    Evan Platt, Dec 29, 2008
  10. TT8

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> Evan Platt
    <> was claimed to have wrote:

    >On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 18:21:35 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >>What's this we crap, everybody is distancing themselves from you.

    >Everybody else has provided decent answers. Then along comes
    >chucktard, telling the OP to ask his mechanic....
    >
    >I mean, WTF.. "Ask your computer manufacturer about your monitor"?????
    >
    >What a dumbfuck.

    Assuming that the computer manufacturer supplied the monitor, it's not
    an unreasonable place to ask. That's a fair assumption in most cases,
    although likely not amongst this group (or usenet as a whole)
    DevilsPGD, Dec 29, 2008
  11. TT8

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 00:03:07 -0800, DevilsPGD
    <> wrote:

    >Assuming that the computer manufacturer supplied the monitor, it's not
    >an unreasonable place to ask. That's a fair assumption in most cases,
    >although likely not amongst this group (or usenet as a whole)

    Well, reread his message....

    >Sounds like pixel failure. Your manual should say something about how many
    >have to fail for it to be replaced under warrenty. Failing that call
    >whoever made your computer. You *never* get any lit pixels in that spot
    >right?

    So... He's saying two different things. If you get nowhere with the
    display manufacturer, call the computer manufacturer.
    Evan Platt, Dec 29, 2008