    fix it or am I up for a new phone?

    thanks
    Richard
    Snake, Feb 10, 2006

  2. T'was the 9 Feb 2006 23:15:37 -0800 when I remembered "Snake"
    <> saying something like this:

    >My cellphone (I'm sure it must have a little computer in it somewhere)
    >has got a colour LCD screen. Last Saturday it developed a "blotch" in
    >the middle of the screen that takes up about half the area of the
    >screen making the picture go 'negative' for want of a better word - the
    >colours are inverted.
    >
    >Does anyone know what would cause this, and most importantly could I
    >fix it or am I up for a new phone?

    Sounds like the LCD's been impact damaged. Depending on the phone it
    could possibly be fixed, perhaps in the $130 price range, however, I'd
    go with getting a new phone and new warranty etc.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Feb 10, 2006

  3. Snake

    Iswhatid Guest

    On , , 9 Feb 2006 23:15:37 -0800, LCD question, "Snake"
    <> wrote:

    >My cellphone (I'm sure it must have a little computer in it somewhere)
    >has got a colour LCD screen. Last Saturday it developed a "blotch" in
    >the middle of the screen that takes up about half the area of the
    >screen making the picture go 'negative' for want of a better word - the
    >colours are inverted.

    Sounds as though it needs degaussing.
    Is there a degauss button anywhere on the phone or in the memory?
    <GRIN>

    >Does anyone know what would cause this, and most importantly could I
    >fix it or am I up for a new phone?

    Seriously though it would be better to get a new phone, fixing
    mobile phones is expensive and you would still have an older
    phone that is running out of warranty.

    ---

    "I prefer the pleasure of writing bits of nonsense to that of wearing
    an embroidered coat which costs 800 francs." (Stendhal)
    Iswhatid, Feb 11, 2006
  4. Snake

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On , , 9 Feb 2006 23:15:37 -0800, LCD question, "Snake"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >My cellphone (I'm sure it must have a little computer in it somewhere)
    > >has got a colour LCD screen. Last Saturday it developed a "blotch" in
    > >the middle of the screen that takes up about half the area of the
    > >screen making the picture go 'negative' for want of a better word - the
    > >colours are inverted.

    > Sounds as though it needs degaussing.
    > Is there a degauss button anywhere on the phone or in the memory?
    > <GRIN>

    How many aliases is that this week, S_ _ _ _ _ _ ?
    Almost as many as D_ _ _ _ M _ _ _ _ _
    Rob J, Feb 11, 2006
  5. Snake

    Kent Smith Guest

    "Snake" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know what would cause this,

    I've seen extreme heat damage a phone like this - like if you left it in
    your car on a hot day.

    -KENT
    Kent Smith, Feb 12, 2006