LCD Question

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Mistercmk, Dec 25, 2003.

  1. Mistercmk

    Mistercmk Guest

    Mistercmk, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Mistercmk

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Mistercmk" <> wrote in
    news:eek:XHGb.479384$275.1378889@attbi_s53:

    > I am looking at an LCD monitor, and want to know what you think of
    > this unit. I do most everything, but the monitor has to be good for
    > games. I read the reviews, and this one sounds like a nice unit, but
    > I just want to know what you guys think of it.
    > http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?DEPA=1&sumit=Go&descripti
    > on=24%2D006%2D067&searchdepa=1

    A 16 msec response time would make it good for gaming.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Dec 25, 2003

  3. Mistercmk

    Jerry G. Guest

    This is a fast response LCD monitor. But, for the response speed, you are
    giving up a little on the viewing angles. For precise colour, if you are
    going to do photo finishing, and other art work the narrower viewing angle
    may be a bit of a drawback. There will be more colour and shading error to
    the eye when viewed overall.

    CRT monitors can be typically about 9 to 12 ms very easily. This one is
    close, but not quite there. It will have the response time as like a CRT
    monitor being run at the refresh rate of 60 Hz. There is no flicker with
    LCD screens, because they are direct matrix high speed pixel addressed
    rather than scanned in sequences of frames. The LCD screen problem is the
    combination of the response time of the crystal latice structures, and how
    fast the matrix can be addressed and written to.

    As for being a Sony monitor, there is no question about its quality and
    name. This would be an excellent monitor overall.

    Take note that there are policies for bad pixels. Some may show as full
    bright of one colour or white. There may also be some black pixels. This is
    something that you would have to live with. It is normal for LCD monitors to
    have a few bad pixels. In the blacks it is normal to sometimes have some
    black shading faults as well.

    We have 3 LCD monitors at the office, and I was able to find some small
    defects on all of them. We have clients with LCD monitors, and there are
    viewable small faults on most of them.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "Mistercmk" <> wrote in message
    I am looking at an LCD monitor, and want to know what you think of this
    unit. I do most everything, but the monitor has to be good for games. I
    read the reviews, and this one sounds like a nice unit, but I just want to
    know what you guys think of it.
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?DEPA=1&sumit=Go&description=24-006-067&searchdepa=1

    -Chris

    Jerry G., Dec 26, 2003