    display and the fonts show up very jagged.

    Any ideas as to how to get/install whatever I need?

    Thanks

    joelpk, Jan 16, 2006

  2. joelpk

    Tony Guest

    "joelpk" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have an old Gateway Solo 2500. I reloaded Wndows 98SE from CD's that
    > did not come with the machine. All is working, except that the display
    > is very poor. It looks like 98SE assumed that I have a very low pixel
    > display and the fonts show up very jagged.
    >
    > Any ideas as to how to get/install whatever I need?
    >
    > Thanks

    Download and install Belarc Advisor (free from
    http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html) . When you open it , it will give
    details of the display adaptor. You can then use Google to find a driver
    for the adaptor.

    Tony, Jan 16, 2006

  3. joelpk

    joelpk Guest

    SOLUTION - I found a Restoration CD for the Gateway. It had the drivers
    and the installation utilities - it works fine now.

    PS - Belarc did not find anything of help. It just said standard VGA.
    But thanks

    joelpk, Jan 16, 2006
  4. joelpk

    Budweiser Guest

    http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/dlcenter.asp

    Budweiser, Jan 17, 2006
  5. joelpk

    Dan Evans Guest

    "joelpk" <> wrote in message
    >I have an old Gateway Solo 2500. I reloaded Wndows 98SE from CD's that
    > did not come with the machine. All is working, except that the display
    > is very poor. It looks like 98SE assumed that I have a very low pixel
    > display and the fonts show up very jagged.
    >
    > Any ideas as to how to get/install whatever I need?

    Video drivers are missing. When the machine boots up look at the first
    screen that appears and that will usually tell you which video card you
    have. Either that, or ask Gateway.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jan 17, 2006