    Thanks,
    T.

    , Mar 3, 2008

  2. ray Guest

    On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 07:26:46 -0800, truxxon wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > does anyone know the part number / manufacturer for the 2.5'' lcd of a
    > fujifilm f47fd camera? This information is not available anywhere (and
    > by the way, i can't find the manufacturers / part nos. for any lcds of
    > any digital camera).
    >
    > Fujifilm says that the pixel count is 230,000, though no normal
    > resolution matches this number. the closest I can come up with is
    > 480x480=230,400, but I would be grateful if someone could englighten me
    > about his as well.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > T.

    Assuming a 4:3 aspect, that would calculate to about 552x414. Why would
    it need to be a "normal resolution"?

    ray, Mar 3, 2008

    Brendan Gillatt, Mar 3, 2008
  4. nospam Guest

    In article <>, Brendan Gillatt
    <> wrote:

    > > Fujifilm says that the pixel count is 230,000, though no normal
    > > resolution matches this number. the closest I can come up with is
    > > 480x480=230,400, but I would be grateful if someone could englighten
    > > me about his as well.

    > That number is often quoted as the number of individual RGB dots on the
    > LCD, not pixels. Also, the 230,000 will probably be rounded.

    it's a 320 x 240 lcd, for a total of 230,400 dots.

    nospam, Mar 3, 2008
  5. Jim Townsend Guest

    wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > does anyone know the part number / manufacturer for the 2.5'' lcd of a
    > fujifilm f47fd camera? This information is not available anywhere (and
    > by the way, i can't find the manufacturers / part nos. for any lcds of
    > any digital camera).

    I think you'll find the LCDs (and all the other camera parts) aren't
    'off the shelf' items. They are usually custom made for the camera
    manufacturers.

    The only place you'll normally find proprietary camera parts is at the
    manufacturer's authorized service centers.

    You may also find that they won't sell the parts to any Joe off the
    street because they don't want you doing any work that would take business
    away from the service centers.

    > Fujifilm says that the pixel count is 230,000, though no normal
    > resolution matches this number. the closest I can come up with is
    > 480x480=230,400, but I would be grateful if someone could englighten
    > me about his as well.

    Rounding??

    Fujifilm says the camera sensor produces 9.02 Megapixels when in fact it
    really has 9.124608 Megapixels :)

    Jim Townsend, Mar 3, 2008
  6. Paul Furman Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > does anyone know the part number / manufacturer for the 2.5'' lcd of a
    > fujifilm f47fd camera? This information is not available anywhere (and
    > by the way, i can't find the manufacturers / part nos. for any lcds of
    > any digital camera).
    >
    > Fujifilm says that the pixel count is 230,000, though no normal
    > resolution matches this number. the closest I can come up with is
    > 480x480=230,400, but I would be grateful if someone could englighten
    > me about his as well.

    Look for someone with an otherwise broken camera for parts. I sold the
    entire back panel of my broken camera to someone for cheap & they fixed
    their camera successfully with it.

    Paul Furman, Mar 3, 2008
  7. Jim Townsend wrote:
    []
    > Rounding??
    >
    > Fujifilm says the camera sensor produces 9.02 Megapixels when in fact
    > it really has 9.124608 Megapixels :)

    Well is a "megapixel" 1024 x 1024, or 1000 x 1000, or evne 1204 x 1000
    pixels? <G> Not to mention the active versus inactive (black-level)
    pixels.....

    David

    David J Taylor, Mar 3, 2008