    good as crt's for gaming but that some are better than others.

    I would be interested in suggestions.

    Thanks
    german300, Dec 25, 2005

  2. german300

    JANA Guest

    There are LCD monitors that are down to 8 ms. A CRT monitor working at a
    refresh rate of 100 Hz would be at 10 ms.

    With the LCD monitors there is a trade-off. The faster monitors will have a
    lower contrast ratio. To have the best possible for both speed and contrast
    ratio, the price will be higher. If you are doing serious graphics, photo,
    and media work, a contrast ratio of 800 or more is desirable. If you are not
    doing serious work, then you can go for a very fast LCD monitor with a lower
    contrast ratio and keep the price down.

    My preference is to go with the higher contrast ratio. A monitor of 25 ms or
    faster is adequate for general computing applications. At least 16 ms is
    okay for general moving video and display applications.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "german300" <> wrote in message
    I am going to replace my crt with a 19" lcd flat screen. I am not a huge
    gamer but do play an occasional game. I've heard that the lcd's are not a

    JANA, Dec 25, 2005