    werd Guest

    Would one be able to notice any difference when playing games or watching
    movies between an LCD monitor with 8ms response time and one with 2ms?

    werd, Jun 24, 2006

  2. werd

    thanatoid Guest

    "werd" <> wrote in
    news:eek:F_mg.90618$:

    > Would one be able to notice any difference when playing
    > games or watching movies between an LCD monitor with 8ms
    > response time and one with 2ms?

    I think both the figures you are quoting are bogus and marketing
    lies. About 20 is the best they can do so far, I think.

    You have to read the small print and never talk to salespersons
    who will say anything to get a sale. I had one claim 4ms for a
    particular model when reading the manual (I always insist on
    seeing the manual for REAL specs, for ANY equipment) it turned
    out to be 30 or 60 or something.

    Once below 10 is will be pretty close to CRT response time I
    believe - if it ever happens.

    This and the black level and the overall contrast issue (not to
    mention the ridiculous prices) are why I still consider direct-
    view (ie non-projection) CRT's to be vastly superior.

    thanatoid, Jun 24, 2006