    well and have decent RGB coloring and all that necessary digital photo
    editing stuff? I would appreciate any recommendations.

    Thank you! =D

    Morvak, Mar 5, 2007

  2. Morvak wrote:
    > My 5 year old CRT behemoth of a monitor needs upgrading so I'm leaning
    > towards an LCD monitor.
    >
    > My current monitor is (go ahead laugh) some generic Daewoo 500D or
    > something (got it with my custom built PC i got from a local place).
    > May not be the greatest monitor ever created, but does my photos great
    > and I've had prints made by WHCC without ever needing my monitor
    > calibrated.
    >
    > So does anyone know of a good LCD monitor that will treat my photos
    > well and have decent RGB coloring and all that necessary digital photo
    > editing stuff? I would appreciate any recommendations.
    >
    > Thank you! =D

    I've been pleased with the Dell 2007 FP - the 4:3 aspect ratio 1600 x 1200
    one.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Mar 5, 2007

  3. Morvak

    Bob Willard Guest

    Morvak wrote:

    > My 5 year old CRT behemoth of a monitor needs upgrading so I'm leaning
    > towards an LCD monitor.
    >
    > My current monitor is (go ahead laugh) some generic Daewoo 500D or
    > something (got it with my custom built PC i got from a local place).
    > May not be the greatest monitor ever created, but does my photos great
    > and I've had prints made by WHCC without ever needing my monitor
    > calibrated.
    >
    > So does anyone know of a good LCD monitor that will treat my photos
    > well and have decent RGB coloring and all that necessary digital photo
    > editing stuff? I would appreciate any recommendations.
    >
    > Thank you! =D

    I'm happy with my ViewSonic VP2130b 21" LCD Monitor, 1600x1200.

    Monitors don't include any photo editing stuff AFAIK. I prefer PaintShopPro
    over PhotoShop stuff for stills; mostly because the GUI feels like other
    Windows stuff, while PhotoShop feels like a *NIX app ported to Windows.
    --
    Cheers, Bob

    Bob Willard, Mar 5, 2007
  4. On 5 Mar 2007 10:42:09 -0800, "Morvak" <> wrote:

    >My 5 year old CRT behemoth of a monitor needs upgrading so I'm leaning
    >towards an LCD monitor.
    >
    >My current monitor is (go ahead laugh) some generic Daewoo 500D or
    >something (got it with my custom built PC i got from a local place).
    >May not be the greatest monitor ever created, but does my photos great
    >and I've had prints made by WHCC without ever needing my monitor
    >calibrated.
    >
    >So does anyone know of a good LCD monitor that will treat my photos
    >well and have decent RGB coloring and all that necessary digital photo
    >editing stuff? I would appreciate any recommendations.
    >
    >Thank you! =D

    LCD Color, 8-Bit vs. 6-Bit.
    http://compreviews.about.com/od/multimedia/a/LCDColor.htm

    The last time I checked many brands now fail to mention 'Colors' in
    their specs. You may have to dig for that info. ... Google ...

    Hap

    Hap Shaughnessy, Mar 5, 2007