    its not good for games...I am playing Quake 3 and Unreal and have no
    problems I can see....

    Loupole

    Loupole, Jun 24, 2004

  2. On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:40:38 +1200, "Loupole" <> wrote:

    >I have just invested in a nice Philips 107B4BG LCD monitor and I am asking
    >from other users about the monitor...Is it ok for games and stuff...My
    >brother invested in a CMV LCD monitor by Polyview and his is 16ms and mine
    >is 25ms...Can any one tell me which is better for games and other basic
    >stuff...As since I have just brought it I can take it back if I need too if
    >its not good for games...I am playing Quake 3 and Unreal and have no
    >problems I can see....
    >
    >Loupole

    No good for games..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Jun 24, 2004

  3. Loupole

    Loupole Guest

    Thanks for that as I did some more test and it won with flying colours !!!
    So I will Keep it then...

    Loupole

    Loupole, Jun 24, 2004
  4. Loupole

    Jackson Guest

    "Loupole" <> wrote in message
    > I have just invested in a nice Philips 107B4BG LCD monitor and I am asking
    > from other users about the monitor...Is it ok for games and stuff...

    Well, the lower the response time the better for games. The higher the
    response time the more blur in fast motion will occur. Although its all
    personal preference so if your happy with it for the games you play then
    good, keep it. I've got a 25ms LCD at home on a spare PC and have played a
    few games on it and its fine, I can't see any blur when the graphics are
    moving fast, although I still prefer my AOC 19inch CRT for games, much
    crisper and better colours so im still sticking with that for my main PC.

    Jackson.

    Jackson, Jun 24, 2004
  5. Loupole

    EMB Guest

    In news:NCHCc.3624$,
    Jackson <> expelled:

    > Well, the lower the response time the better for games.

    Assuming that the manufacturer isn't telling lies - a recent review I read
    (can't find the source ATM) noted major differences in quoted specifications
    from different manufacturers using the same panels for their displays. An
    honest spec of 25ms may well be better than a "massaged" 20ms one.

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply

    EMB, Jun 24, 2004
  6. The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    > No good for games..

    how quick refresh do you need for them to be good for gaming Roger.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 24, 2004
  7. On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:52:51 +1200, "EMB" <> wrote:

    >In news:NCHCc.3624$,
    >Jackson <> expelled:
    >>
    >> Well, the lower the response time the better for games.

    >Assuming that the manufacturer isn't telling lies - a recent review I read
    >(can't find the source ATM) noted major differences in quoted specifications
    >from different manufacturers using the same panels for their displays. An
    >honest spec of 25ms may well be better than a "massaged" 20ms one.

    Toms hardware did the article on this..

    http://www.tomshardware.com

    The GHOST of WOGER., Jun 24, 2004
  8. Loupole

    Chip Guest

    "Loupole" <> wrote in message news:<DixCc.3461$>...
    > I have just invested in a nice Philips 107B4BG LCD monitor and I am asking
    > from other users about the monitor...Is it ok for games and stuff...My
    > brother invested in a CMV LCD monitor by Polyview and his is 16ms and mine
    > is 25ms...Can any one tell me which is better for games and other basic
    > stuff...As since I have just brought it I can take it back if I need too if
    > its not good for games...I am playing Quake 3 and Unreal and have no
    > problems I can see....
    >
    > Loupole

    The Philips 107B5 is available now with a 16ms response time. You
    bought the old model.

    Chip, Jun 25, 2004
  9. Loupole

    a Guest

    In article <DixCc.3461$>,
    says...
    > I have just invested in a nice Philips 107B4BG LCD monitor and I am asking
    > from other users about the monitor...Is it ok for games and stuff...My
    > brother invested in a CMV LCD monitor by Polyview and his is 16ms and mine
    > is 25ms...Can any one tell me which is better for games and other basic
    > stuff...As since I have just brought it I can take it back if I need too if
    > its not good for games...I am playing Quake 3 and Unreal and have no
    > problems I can see....
    >
    > Loupole

    The colours just suck on most LCDs. Plus you need something to heat
    your room for winter..

    a, Jun 25, 2004
  10. Loupole

    Divine Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:18:23 +1200, a wrote:

    > The colours just suck on most LCDs. Plus you need something to heat
    > your room for winter.

    Agreed, and agreed!

    And text looks really bad on LCDs.

    Divine

    --
    "Some drink from the fountain of knowledge. Jerry Falwell only gargled."

    Divine, Jun 25, 2004
  11. On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:56:14 +1200, Divine <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:18:23 +1200, a wrote:
    >
    >> The colours just suck on most LCDs. Plus you need something to heat
    >> your room for winter.

    >Agreed, and agreed!
    >
    >And text looks really bad on LCDs.

    Uter Bollocks.