  1. irwell

    irwell Guest

    What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

    irwell, Nov 16, 2005

  2. On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:56:23 -0800, irwell <> wrote:

    >What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

    A microfiber cloth.

    *************************************
    A man said to the universe:
    "Sir, I exist!"
    "However" replied the universe,
    "The fact has not created in me
    A sense of obligation."
    Stephen Crane

    John A. Stovall, Nov 16, 2005

  3. irwell

    Bill KB3GUN Guest

    "John A. Stovall" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:56:23 -0800, irwell <> wrote:
    >
    >>What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

    > A microfiber cloth.
    >

    > *************************************
    > A man said to the universe:
    > "Sir, I exist!"
    > "However" replied the universe,
    > "The fact has not created in me
    > A sense of obligation."
    > Stephen Crane

    I use a microfiber cloth too. Never had anything bad enough on it to justify
    using a cleaner/solvent.
    -Smitty

    Bill KB3GUN, Nov 16, 2005
  4. irwell

    Bri. Guest

    In news:,
    irwell typed...

    > What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

    I've used "Uvex S463" for cleaning my LCD screen and also a lens. It's
    an alcohol and silicon free solution, formulated for cleaning coated
    spectacle lenses. This is an answer to your question, not necessarily a
    recommendation.

    If anyone knows of any reason why this type of solution should not be
    used, I would be grateful of your response.

    --
    Bri.

    Bri., Nov 16, 2005
  5. irwell

    Guest

    irwell wrote:

    > What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

    Red fuming nitric acid. Doesn't everyone?

    , Nov 16, 2005
  6. irwell

    salgud Guest

    wrote:
    > irwell wrote:
    >
    > > What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

    > Red fuming nitric acid. Doesn't everyone?

    I prefer HCl.

    salgud, Nov 16, 2005
  7. irwell

    SleeperMan Guest

    salgud wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> irwell wrote:
    >>
    >>> What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

    >> Red fuming nitric acid. Doesn't everyone?

    > I prefer HCl.

    naaah...nitro paint cleaner...cheapest, best, most effective, everywhere
    available. You just soak whole camera in it, wait one minute (not more!!!)
    take it out and wait until it dries. If in a hurry, you can remove excessive
    nitro quickly by burning it with a match. Works everytime.

    SleeperMan, Nov 16, 2005
  8. "irwell" <> wrote in message

    > What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

    I use a product named "Read Right Kleen & Dry". It's a pair of disposable
    pads, one saturated with isopropyl alcohol, the other a lint-free drying
    pad. Never had a problem with it.

    Andrew Koenig, Nov 16, 2005
  9. irwell

    SamSez Guest

    irwell <> wrote in news:f4pmn1lau1lmogvqb8f2d072onmhd9c48s@
    4ax.com:

    > What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

    Windex and paper towels. Seriously.

    SamSez, Nov 16, 2005
  10. irwell

    irwell Guest

    On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:35:57 GMT, SamSez <>
    wrote:

    >irwell <> wrote in news:f4pmn1lau1lmogvqb8f2d072onmhd9c48s@
    >4ax.com:
    >
    >> What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

    >Windex and paper towels. Seriously.

    Thanks, 5 good answers and three stupid comments.
    Not bad for a NG.

    irwell, Nov 16, 2005
  11. irwell

    SleeperMan Guest

    irwell wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:35:57 GMT, SamSez <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> irwell <> wrote in
    >> news:f4pmn1lau1lmogvqb8f2d072onmhd9c48s@ 4ax.com:
    >>
    >>> What do you use to clean your LCD screen?

    >> Windex and paper towels. Seriously.

    > Thanks, 5 good answers and three stupid comments.
    > Not bad for a NG.

    you know what they say...it's easier to differ between real and stupid
    answers if you have stupid ones by...

    SleeperMan, Nov 16, 2005
  12. SamSez wrote on Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:35:57 GMT:

    ??>> What do you use to clean your LCD screen?
    >>>Windex and paper towels. Seriously.<<<<

    Me too! I've been using that (or even supermarket generic) for
    2.5 years on my 17 inch Viewsonic without any noticeable
    degradation. I use just a very little and don't soak the screen.

    James Silverton.

    James Silverton, Nov 16, 2005
  13. irwell

    Guest

    irwell wrote:

    > Thanks, 5 good answers and three stupid comments.
    > Not bad for a NG.

    You'd do even better if you ask a non-stupid question.

    , Nov 16, 2005
  14. irwell

    RK Guest

    I cover mine with one of those lcd protectors available at Radio Shack
    and never have to worry about scratches or cleaning. And they last
    about a year. I travel a lot and my cameras bounce around in front of
    zippers and buttons and this protection is great. I'm sure someone will
    flame out over this, but it works for me.

    I've found that microfibre cloths are fine for cleaning if one needs
    to do that.

    RK, Nov 16, 2005
  15. RK wrote on 16 Nov 2005 13:46:06 -0800:

    R> I cover mine with one of those lcd protectors available at
    R> Radio Shack and never have to worry about scratches or
    R> cleaning. And they last about a year. I travel a lot and my
    R> cameras bounce around in front of zippers and buttons and
    R> this protection is great. I'm sure someone will flame out
    R> over this, but it works for me.

    R> I've found that microfibre cloths are fine for cleaning if
    R> one needs to do that.

    There's a big difference between a much used (abused :) lap top
    and a desk monitor that only very occasionally gets touched with
    fingers. I would not be at all inclined to flame over using a
    protector!

    James Silverton.

    James Silverton, Nov 16, 2005
  16. "James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.net> writes:

    > RK wrote on 16 Nov 2005 13:46:06 -0800:
    >
    > R> I cover mine with one of those lcd protectors available at
    > R> Radio Shack and never have to worry about scratches or
    > R> cleaning. And they last about a year. I travel a lot and my
    > R> cameras bounce around in front of zippers and buttons and
    > R> this protection is great. I'm sure someone will flame out
    > R> over this, but it works for me.
    >
    > R> I've found that microfibre cloths are fine for cleaning if
    > R> one needs to do that.
    >
    > There's a big difference between a much used (abused :) lap top and a
    > desk monitor that only very occasionally gets touched with fingers. I
    > would not be at all inclined to flame over using a protector!

    I think some people in this thread are talking about computer
    monitors, others about the LCD on the back of the camera.

    --
    Måns Rullgård

    =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Nov 16, 2005
  17. irwell

    Guest

    Måns Rullgård wrote:

    > I think some people in this thread are talking about computer
    > monitors, others about the LCD on the back of the camera.

    Windex, microcloth, or even the whimsically un-asking red fuming nitric
    acid: do you expect the answer to change?

    , Nov 16, 2005
  18. writes:

    > Måns Rullgård wrote:
    >
    >> I think some people in this thread are talking about computer
    >> monitors, others about the LCD on the back of the camera.

    > Windex, microcloth, or even the whimsically un-asking red fuming nitric
    > acid: do you expect the answer to change?

    No, I was just trying to imagine how one would use a laptop such that
    the monitor was subjected to scratching from zippers (see the post I
    was replying to).

    --
    Måns Rullgård

    =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Nov 17, 2005
  19. irwell

    irwell Guest

    On 16 Nov 2005 13:33:28 -0800, wrote:

    >irwell wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks, 5 good answers and three stupid comments.
    >> Not bad for a NG.

    >You'd do even better if you ask a non-stupid question.

    Make that four stupid comments.

    irwell, Nov 17, 2005
  20. irwell

    Frank ess Guest

    writes:

    > Måns Rullgård wrote:
    >
    >> I think some people in this thread are talking about computer
    >> monitors, others about the LCD on the back of the camera.

    > Windex, microcloth, or even the whimsically un-asking red fuming
    > nitric
    > acid: do you expect the answer to change?

    Hm. I wouldn't anticipate cleaning the computer monitor with the LCD
    "pen" I got from Mr A Do Rama.

    Frank ess, Nov 17, 2005