LCD Cleaner..?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Frank Williams, Mar 27, 2010.

  1. Frank Williams, Mar 27, 2010

  2. Frank Williams

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:45:09 +1300, Frank Williams wrote:

    > Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells, (SANUS),
    > Please don't tell me to use Alcohol or Isopropyl wipes or Products...
    >

    > http://www.convergencemarketing.com/focalpoint/ELM101_ELM102_Sell_Sheet_FINAL_041008L.pdf
    > The DSE here does not even stock it..

    Have you tried a damp soft cloth with a little mild detergent?

    Sweetpea, Mar 27, 2010

  3. Frank Williams

    EMB Guest

    <http://www.tradetech.co.nz/shop/Tools+Cleaning+Products++Solder+Solutions/AF+Cleaning+Products/AFSCS250.html>

    http://tinyurl.com/screenclene in case the above wraps badly.

    EMB, Mar 27, 2010
  4. On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 22:53:08 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 27/03/2010 7:45 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >>

    >> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells, (SANUS), Please
    >> don't tell me to use Alcohol or Isopropyl wipes or Products...
    >>

    >> http://www.convergencemarketing.com/focalpoint/ELM101_ELM102_Sell_Sheet_FINAL_041008L.pdf
    >> The DSE here does not even stock it..
    >>

    ><http://www.tradetech.co.nz/shop/Tools+Cleaning+Products++Solder+Solutions/AF+Cleaning+Products/AFSCS250.html>
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/screenclene in case the above wraps badly.

    Its a VDU Glass cleaner..

    Not listed for LCD screens..

    Frank Williams, Mar 27, 2010
  5. On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 22:53:08 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 27/03/2010 7:45 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >>

    >> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells, (SANUS), Please
    >> don't tell me to use Alcohol or Isopropyl wipes or Products...
    >>

    >> http://www.convergencemarketing.com/focalpoint/ELM101_ELM102_Sell_Sheet_FINAL_041008L.pdf
    >> The DSE here does not even stock it..
    >>

    ><http://www.tradetech.co.nz/shop/Tools+Cleaning+Products++Solder+Solutions/AF+Cleaning+Products/AFSCS250.html>
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/screenclene in case the above wraps badly.

    Its contains MONOPROPYLENE GLYGOL METHYL ETHER & METHANOL

    Not the thing that I think should be used on a LCD Screen..

    Frank Williams, Mar 27, 2010
  6. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > On 27/03/2010 7:45 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >>

    >> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells, (SANUS),
    >> Please
    >> don't tell me to use Alcohol or Isopropyl wipes or Products...
    >>

    >> http://www.convergencemarketing.com/focalpoint/ELM101_ELM102_Sell_Sheet_FINAL_041008L.pdf
    >>
    >> The DSE here does not even stock it..
    >>

    > <http://www.tradetech.co.nz/shop/Tools+Cleaning+Products++Solder+Solutions/AF+Cleaning+Products/AFSCS250.html>
    >

    > http://tinyurl.com/screenclene in case the above wraps badly.

    Heheh : "RRP is $11.1000 excl GST"

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

    Enkidu, Mar 27, 2010
  7. Frank Williams

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Frank Williams <> wrote in

    > Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells, (SANUS),
    > Please

    Please, just use a lint free cloth with water on the cloth. unless you are
    in an industrial site that should be enough

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Mar 28, 2010
  8. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:25:22 +0000 (UTC), Dave Taylor
    <> wrote:

    >Frank Williams <> wrote in
    >
    >> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells, (SANUS),
    >> Please

    >Please, just use a lint free cloth with water on the cloth. unless you are
    >in an industrial site that should be enough

    That does not get rid of finger prints plus can leaves smears.

    Frank Williams, Mar 29, 2010
  9. On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:48:15 +1300, "geoff" <> wrote:

    >Frank Williams wrote:
    >> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells,
    >> (SANUS),

    >Unfortunate name !
    >
    >>Please don't tell me to use Alcohol or Isopropyl wipes or
    >> Products...

    >Why not ? I have right in front of me "3M Notebook Screen Cleaning Wipes"
    >that contain Water and Isopropyl Alcohol.
    >
    >Or do 3M not really know about things like that ?
    >
    >geoff

    They damage the plasic...

    Frank Williams, Mar 29, 2010
  10. On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:48:15 +1300, "geoff" <> wrote:

    >Frank Williams wrote:
    >> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells,
    >> (SANUS),

    >Unfortunate name !
    >
    >>Please don't tell me to use Alcohol or Isopropyl wipes or
    >> Products...

    >Why not ? I have right in front of me "3M Notebook Screen Cleaning Wipes"
    >that contain Water and Isopropyl Alcohol.
    >
    >Or do 3M not really know about things like that ?
    >
    >geoff

    Big mark ups on these products, what sells in the US for $10 can cost you here
    some $50..

    I managed to get a Pudney one for $29 reduced from $49, Noel Lemming have
    them at $69..

    Harvey Norman has one for $48 Belkin, marked down from $68 from memory.

    Still not a patch on the Sansus US one..

    Frank Williams, Mar 29, 2010
  11. Frank Williams

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:48:15 +1300, "geoff" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Frank Williams wrote:
    > >> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells,
    > >> (SANUS),

    > >Unfortunate name !
    > >
    > >>Please don't tell me to use Alcohol or Isopropyl wipes or
    > >> Products...

    > >Why not ? I have right in front of me "3M Notebook Screen Cleaning Wipes"
    > >that contain Water and Isopropyl Alcohol.
    > >
    > >Or do 3M not really know about things like that ?
    > >
    > >geoff
    > >

    > They damage the plasic...

    It's *sold* in a *plastic* bottle!

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Mar 29, 2010
  12. Frank Williams

    grum Guest

    On 29/03/2010 1:32 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    > On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:25:22 +0000 (UTC), Dave Taylor
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Frank Williams<> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Any one know of a cheaper product similar to what DSE Sells, (SANUS),
    >>> Please

    >> Please, just use a lint free cloth with water on the cloth. unless you are
    >> in an industrial site that should be enough

    > That does not get rid of finger prints plus can leaves smears.

    Microfibre cloth + water? Works on my windows (no fingerprints and no
    smears).
    Also works on my plastic specs.

    grum, Mar 29, 2010
  13. On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:45:38 +1300, grum <> wrote:

    >On 29/03/2010 1:32 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:25:22 +0000 (UTC), Dave Taylor
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Frank Williams<> wrote in

    >>> Please, just use a lint free cloth with water on the cloth. unless you are
    >>> in an industrial site that should be enough

    >> That does not get rid of finger prints plus can leaves smears.

    >Microfibre cloth + water? Works on my windows (no fingerprints and no
    >smears).
    >Also works on my plastic specs.

    Yes I know but I cant get the 3M ones here any more, but New Would do stock
    the Small Camera one, but they are not local..

    Frank Williams, Mar 29, 2010
  14. Frank Williams

    Br. Scooter Guest

    On , , Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:37:30 +1300, Re: LCD Cleaner..?, Dave Doe
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...

    >> >Unfortunate name !

    >> >Why not ? I have right in front of me "3M Notebook Screen Cleaning Wipes"
    >> >that contain Water and Isopropyl Alcohol.
    >> >
    >> >Or do 3M not really know about things like that ?
    >> >
    >> >geoff
    >> >

    >> They damage the plasic...

    >It's *sold* in a *plastic* bottle!

    There's more than one kind of plastic.

    to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
    Anatole France.

    Br. Scooter, Mar 29, 2010
  15. Frank Williams

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > On , , Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:37:30 +1300, Re: LCD Cleaner..?, Dave Doe
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > > says...

    > >> They damage the plasic...

    > >It's *sold* in a *plastic* bottle!

    > There's more than one kind of plastic.

    Not much in the Bible about plastic - how did you find your information?
    And more to the point, why do you believe it?

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Mar 29, 2010
  16. Frank Williams

    grum Guest

    On 29/03/2010 6:04 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    > On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:45:38 +1300, grum<> wrote:
    >
    >> On 29/03/2010 1:32 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:

    >>> That does not get rid of finger prints plus can leaves smears.

    >> Microfibre cloth + water? Works on my windows (no fingerprints and no
    >> smears).
    >> Also works on my plastic specs.

    > Yes I know but I cant get the 3M ones here any more, but New Would do stock
    > the Small Camera one, but they are not local..

    Small microfibre cloth - optician.
    Large microfibre cloth - cleaner's supply store (commercial window
    cleaners use them)

    NB: Lint free <> Microfibre.

    grum, Mar 29, 2010
  17. Frank Williams

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs geoff wrote:
    > Frank Williams wrote:
    >>
    >> Yes I know but I cant get the 3M ones here any more, but New Would
    >> do stock the Small Camera one, but they are not local..

    > Everything is 'local' these days.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/y9zgfsg
    >
    > geoff

    LOL. Love the 'lmgtfy' hidden behind the TinyURL. I'd never thought to do
    that. ;-]

    I have a half-dozen of those in each of my laptop bags but at home I use a
    larger spray bottle of iso/water and the big MF cloth that came with my
    Samsung TV.

    Jaycar do a kit consisting of a MF cloth, an excellent little very soft dust
    brush [that I use on my laptop every day, especially on the keyboard) and a
    spray bottle of liquid. Roger might like that as it's not isopropanol, it's
    a cocktail of other chemicals.

    <http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=AR1418&keywords=LCD+cleaner&form=KEYWORD>

    Woohoo! I managed to find it! That's rare on Jaycar's site. IMO that's worth
    if for the retractable brush alone, especially if you use a laptop.
    --
    Shaun.

    Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day...

    ~misfit~, Mar 29, 2010
  18. Frank Williams

    Br. Scooter Guest

    On , , Mon, 29 Mar 2010 23:42:12 +1300, Re: LCD Cleaner..?, Dave Doe
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> On , , Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:37:30 +1300, Re: LCD Cleaner..?, Dave Doe
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >In article <>,
    >> > says...

    >> >It's *sold* in a *plastic* bottle!

    >> There's more than one kind of plastic.

    >Not much in the Bible about plastic - how did you find your information?
    >And more to the point, why do you believe it?

    Give the side of your head a sharp smack.
    It appears the needle has slipped out of it's groove.
    I notice that you resiled from explaing to me about evolution, your controller
    off for the night was she?

    Br. Scooter, Mar 30, 2010
  19. On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:56:58 +1200, Br. Scooter wrote:

    > On , , Mon, 29 Mar 2010 23:42:12 +1300, Re: LCD Cleaner..?, Dave Doe
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> says...

    >>> There's more than one kind of plastic.

    >>Not much in the Bible about plastic - how did you find your information?
    >>And more to the point, why do you believe it?

    > Give the side of your head a sharp smack.
    > It appears the needle has slipped out of it's groove.
    > I notice that you resiled from explaing to me about evolution, your controller
    > off for the night was she?

    That's ok scooter you still haven't supplied the proof about your claims
    about me, you just ran away when i asked for the proof, still trying to
    make something up?.

    Robin Halligan, Mar 30, 2010
  20. Frank Williams

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > On , , Mon, 29 Mar 2010 23:42:12 +1300, Re: LCD Cleaner..?, Dave Doe
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > > says...

    > >> There's more than one kind of plastic.

    > >Not much in the Bible about plastic - how did you find your information?
    > >And more to the point, why do you believe it?

    > Give the side of your head a sharp smack.
    > It appears the needle has slipped out of it's groove.
    > I notice that you resiled from explaing to me about evolution, your controller
    > off for the night was she?

    As I've explained already - but I'll give it a second shot, perhaps
    it'll start sinking in to your brain - you've admitted you don't believe
    in science. So what is the point of continuing with more scientific
    evidence?

    PS: how many kinds of plastic are there in the Bible? What about
    organic chemistry, much about that? Do you even know what organic
    chemistry is? I doubt it.

    Here's a wee hint - in the early days organic chemistry was considered
    the chemistry of subtances of "life" (proteins, amino acids, nucleic
    acids, many plant derived medicines etc) - it was expressed that way in
    about 1770 by a Swedish guy (name eludes me for now) - when he defined
    the difference between inorganic organic chemistry, being that organic
    chemistry had this life force, or vital force. Hence the vitalist
    explanation.

    But just a few decades later, he was proven wrong - first by some dude
    playin' with soap, and then more conclusively by Frederich Wohler who
    showed you can simply heat an inorganic substance (Ammonium cyanate) and
    get Urea (an organic substance).

    A few more decades of study and experimentation indicated one common
    element in all organic substances. Carbon. (Hence the phrase "carbon
    based life" BTW).

    Would it be possible for you to continue please - you can use the Bible
    as much as you want - from the importance of Carbon; it's place in the
    periodic table; why that's special; polar covalent bonds; alkenes;
    alkynes; alkyl halides; alcohols; carboxylic acids; carbohydrates; amino
    acids, peptides and proteins; lipids; esters and epoxides; polymers
    ("plastic"). I'm sure I've missed a fair bit - let you fill it all in.

    Hopefully we can agree on a scientific explanation and understanding for
    "plastic". If so - I'll do the evolution of life thing - it'll be my
    pleasure.

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Mar 30, 2010