    Would anyone have any recommendations on what to study??

    I heard test kings was g00d, and would test kings be all I need.

    , Oct 18, 2005

  2. SBFan2000 Guest

    Oh man, are you going to get flamed. :)

    SBFan2000, Oct 18, 2005

  3. Adam Leinss Guest

    "SBFan2000" <mocaveboyNOSP#> wrote in

    > Oh man, are you going to get flamed. :)

    Nah, just have him pay someone to take the test for him. He's a busy
    guy ya know?

    Adam

    Adam Leinss, Oct 19, 2005
  4. Nil Guest

    On 18 Oct 2005, "" <> wrote in

    > I want my A+ but in all honesty just want to get it as quickly as
    > possible.
    >
    > Would anyone have any recommendations on what to study??

    I recommend that you cheat. It's the fastest, easiest way. Try writing
    the answers on the inside of your sleeve.

    Nil, Oct 19, 2005
  5. Guest

    Passed both of exam of A+. Exam was average but you should have the
    proper knowledge of everything, no confusion at all. I don't know
    anything about it coz i never use testking. Instead i used ucertify.
    Simulation test only help you to judge yourself before the test.
    Requires you to know the Ins and Outs of Windows as related to hardware
    installation and Maintenance. Play around with these things on a home
    computer and you will understand them much better. Study is needed with
    hands-on practice. A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (5th
    edition) and Mike Meyers' A+ Certification Passport, Second Edition is
    good
    book. I didn't study a lot but get passed with good score. Now going
    for my next cert exam.

    , Oct 19, 2005
  6. Winter Guest

    Your like my son, just graduate for high school and really wants a job. He
    can't seen to get out of bed until 2pm. Oh, did I mention he graduated from
    high school. IN MAY. You gotta work for things people!!

    Winter, Oct 19, 2005
  7. On 18 Oct 2005 14:10:55 -0700, ""
    <> wrote:

    >I have worked with computers for a while.
    >
    >I want my A+ but in all honesty just want to get it as quickly as
    >possible.
    >
    >Would anyone have any recommendations on what to study??
    >
    >I heard test kings was g00d, and would test kings be all I need.

    Do the Vulcan mind meld with someone who recently scored high.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Oct 19, 2005
  8. Jim Nugent Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I have worked with computers for a while.
    >
    > I want my A+ but in all honesty just want to get it as quickly as
    > possible.

    Instead of flaming or providing a useless reply, I will say this:
    Let's suppose you get your A+ and somehow get a job or start a business.
    Often, it's HARD work. I do some consulting, mainly for a local church, and
    I got an unwelcome surprise WRT just how much WORK it was.

    I am usually under some time constraint because productivity is being lost
    when a system/network is down. Computers are often tucked into credenzas or
    something, with cables that have hardly any slack, if I have to check
    something physically on the box, I often feel more like a plumber under a
    sink. Network checkouts often involve computers on different floors, and
    running back and forth to check results or install or check cable tester
    attachements or crimp connections makes this a "Stairmaster job."

    Also sometimes I just plain can't figure out what's wrong, especially with
    hardware related startup or intermittent problems and without an inventory
    that allows "swap till you drop" troubleshooting, which I don't have (I
    don't advocate this approach unless it's the last resort, which it sometimes
    is...) I have to admit defeat.

    Doing A+ related work is REAL WORK.

    Anybody wanna argue and say it's EASY?
    --
    Jim, MCSE, A+
    "Remember, an amateur built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic."

    Jim Nugent, Oct 20, 2005
  9. On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:07:06 GMT, "Jim Nugent" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> I have worked with computers for a while.
    >>
    >> I want my A+ but in all honesty just want to get it as quickly as
    >> possible.

    >Instead of flaming or providing a useless reply, I will say this:
    >Let's suppose you get your A+ and somehow get a job or start a business.
    >Often, it's HARD work. I do some consulting, mainly for a local church, and
    >I got an unwelcome surprise WRT just how much WORK it was.
    >
    >I am usually under some time constraint because productivity is being lost
    >when a system/network is down. Computers are often tucked into credenzas or
    >something, with cables that have hardly any slack, if I have to check
    >something physically on the box, I often feel more like a plumber under a
    >sink. Network checkouts often involve computers on different floors, and
    >running back and forth to check results or install or check cable tester
    >attachements or crimp connections makes this a "Stairmaster job."
    >
    >Also sometimes I just plain can't figure out what's wrong, especially with
    >hardware related startup or intermittent problems and without an inventory
    >that allows "swap till you drop" troubleshooting, which I don't have (I
    >don't advocate this approach unless it's the last resort, which it sometimes
    >is...) I have to admit defeat.
    >
    >Doing A+ related work is REAL WORK.
    >
    >Anybody wanna argue and say it's EASY?

    I was working on my mother's computer on the weekend (a typical
    cramped home computer set-up), and mentioned to her how much easier it
    would be if I had 15 or so square feet of bench to work on it. :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Oct 20, 2005