Layoffs at HP : MH needs your suggestions or ideas

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mark_hpq@yahoo.com, Sep 26, 2005.

  1. Guest

    you have any ideas or suggestions on how Hewlett-Packard can serve you
    better, please e-mail them to me by using the form below. If you need
    help, other information or wish to send an e-mail about particular HP
    products and services, please go to the Contact HP page.

    For messages regarding Agilent Technologies (Chemical Analysis,
    Healthcare Solutions, Semiconductor Products, or Test and Measurement)
    please click here.

    Although I cannot personally respond to your message due to the volume
    of messages I receive, suggestions and observations are often passed
    along to my colleagues throughout Hewlett-Packard. Your suggestions are
    important to HP, and the HP team frequently takes actions based on
    them. Please limit your use of this page to ideas and suggestions on
    how HP can better serve you and use the Contact HP page for other
    issues as they are not monitored on this page.

    Thank you.

    Mark Hurd
    Chief Executive Officer and President (Designate)
    Hewlett-Packard Company

    use
    http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/hurd/index.html

    , Sep 26, 2005

  2. Impmon Guest

    On 26 Sep 2005 10:58:27 -0700, wrote:

    > you have any ideas or suggestions on how Hewlett-Packard can serve you
    >better,

    [snip]

    They can start serving us by offering ink carts for a lot less than
    $30. Right now they are $30+ each for most carts and often contains
    so little ink they often only lasts 50 pages or so before they run
    out.

    Last time I bought a 78A, it ran dry after only like 80 photo pages
    but when I filled it myself (about 20mL each color) they lasted 500 or
    so photo pages.

    Impmon, Sep 26, 2005

  3. Arthur Guest

    Next time buy a Canon and check the price of cart. before purchasing
    the printer. HP, Lex, Epson, and others use print heads in cart. and
    charge for this wonderful idea by charging 2x for cart..

    arthur
    ==

    Arthur, Sep 26, 2005
  4. Peter Guest

    <> wrote in message news:...
    > you have any ideas or suggestions on how Hewlett-Packard can serve you
    > better,

    You can start by divesting Compaq.

    And then you can rehire the 20,000 Americans who had put in
    an average of 20 years of service with your company, only to be
    discarded like unwanted garbage.

    Start with those two, and then claim some kind of concern for
    your customers.

    ASSHOLE.

    Peter, Sep 26, 2005
  5. bitch rag Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > For messages regarding Agilent Technologies (Chemical Analysis,
    > Healthcare Solutions, Semiconductor Products, or Test and Measurement)
    > please click here.

    Don't have to.

    Tektronix Test Equipment is far superiour and much
    easier to use than HP. HP used to make good engineering
    and lab test equipment, but like Microsoft it has morphed
    into a company that tries to be all things to all people and
    you end up with dollar store fruit cocktail that tastes like crap.

    bitch rag, Sep 27, 2005
  6. Bob Headrick Guest

    "Impmon" <> wrote in message

    > Last time I bought a 78A, it ran dry after only like 80 photo pages
    > but when I filled it myself (about 20mL each color) they lasted 500 or
    > so photo pages.

    Sorry, the math just does not work in your example. An HP 78A delivers in
    excess of 39mL, or 13mL per color. You put in 50% more ink and get out 6X more
    photo's? Sorry, I do not think so. Were the original photo's Fourth of July
    Fireworks and the refill for printing snow scenes?

    - Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

    Bob Headrick, Sep 27, 2005
  7. Impmon Guest

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:41:30 -0700, Arthur
    <> wrote:

    >Next time buy a Canon and check the price of cart. before purchasing
    >the printer. HP, Lex, Epson, and others use print heads in cart. and
    >charge for this wonderful idea by charging 2x for cart..

    I just might do that when it's time to retire my 2 year old HP. Got a
    Canon model something similiar to 1220c as far as handling ledger
    sized paper? Ledger is 11"x17"

    PS most Epson printer I've seen doesn't have printer head on cart but
    I'd rather avoid Epson as I've had bad experience with them.

    Impmon, Sep 27, 2005
  8. Impmon Guest

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:45:00 -0700, "Bob Headrick" <>
    wrote:

    >Sorry, the math just does not work in your example. An HP 78A delivers in
    >excess of 39mL, or 13mL per color.

    [snip]

    Where did you get 39mL? The box that came with my last ink cart says
    19mL. That's a bit more than 6mL per color.

    Impmon, Sep 27, 2005
  9. Bob Headrick Guest

    "Impmon" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:45:00 -0700, "Bob Headrick" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Sorry, the math just does not work in your example. An HP 78A delivers in
    >>excess of 39mL, or 13mL per color.

    > [snip]
    >
    > Where did you get 39mL? The box that came with my last ink cart says
    > 19mL. That's a bit more than 6mL per color.

    The 78D is 19mL, the 78A is 39mL.

    Regards,

    Bob Headrick, Sep 27, 2005
  10. Guest

    HP scopes were always below par.

    , Sep 27, 2005
  11. Lyck Guest

    On 26-Sep-05 15:50, Peter wrote:
    > <> wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>you have any ideas or suggestions on how Hewlett-Packard can serve you
    >>better,

    > You can start by divesting Compaq.

    And re-integrating Agilent. I know of a few people there in
    sales force, who are now working hard of convincing customers
    that "they are the HP"...

    > And then you can rehire the 20,000 Americans who had put in
    > an average of 20 years of service with your company, only to be
    > discarded like unwanted garbage.

    This is as American as America can be. Not that I defend or endorse
    such policy, not at all. It is my observation that American
    people have the best consumer protection there is, but regarding
    the jobs this society keeps to its bare bones historically grown
    social order, not capable or not willing to implement improvements.

    As an European living in US, probably for the rest of my life,
    I have a point of view based on experience on both sides of
    the "Great Lake." I sure see many magnificent traits in
    Americans and their society, however, the labor law is a horror.
    Let me summarize how I see it, in the following list, which
    might be shocking to Europeans:

    1) Employment is "at will," meaning you can be laid off for
    no reason at all and at any time. California Supreme Court
    ruled so in one specific case of a worker who was about to
    retire after 20 years with his company and get his company
    pension. He was laid off days before that date and lost
    pension.
    Judges ruled that "at will" overrules even an obvious
    arbitrary callus act targeting taking away the pension
    promise!
    Both sisters of my wife were laid off in last 12 months
    in Texas by Travelocity. The one _2 days_ before she would
    have earned her "Travel Agent Certificate," and the other
    sister after she collected many award points and mentioning
    giving her an award cruise from Travelocity, which she thus
    also lost.
    2) Americans have rudimental vacations and are afraid to
    go away for a longer period of time. The job might be
    gone upon return...
    3) Regular salary raise to adjust for inflation does not
    exist. Management can however raise its own stock stake
    almost arbitrary. Recent eTrade news reported of
    Safra Catz of Oracle raised salary by 240%...
    4) Nobody observes contract and work time agreed upon.
    The 50 hours which we pull down regularly does not
    count toward extra leave and vacation, or extra pay.
    5) Nobody protects American jobs for Americans. I see an
    unspeakable flood of Indians pouring into this
    country, and many American veterans of the High-Tech
    revolution getting out of their jobs and are forced to
    move out of California. Ethnic people have no reservations
    to hire and promote only each other. In Bangalore or in
    Sunnyvale, you see endless rows of Indian names.

    Considering such "laws" I do not wonder that Americans are
    scared, yes scared, in the daily life. There is no identity
    with the company, or with the product, its the fear driving
    the behavior at work. I see even best educated people being
    so tired by the 55-60h week, that they tumble and make
    mistakes. Later they spend a sizable part of the day for
    fixing them.

    This society needs a change... Swinging the banner and
    watching army blowing away a weak opponent in an uprising
    of patriotism is not a substitute for progress.

    Lyck, Sep 29, 2005
  12. Peter Guest

    "Lyck" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On 26-Sep-05 15:50, Peter wrote:
    > > <> wrote in message news:...
    > >
    > >>you have any ideas or suggestions on how Hewlett-Packard can serve you
    > >>better,

    > > You can start by divesting Compaq.

    > And re-integrating Agilent. I know of a few people there in
    > sales force, who are now working hard of convincing customers
    > that "they are the HP"...
    >

    > > And then you can rehire the 20,000 Americans who had put in
    > > an average of 20 years of service with your company, only to be
    > > discarded like unwanted garbage.

    > This is as American as America can be.

    Bullshit. Loyalty and longevity were appreciated and rewarded
    in this country for 200 years, until Reagan's supply-side, steal
    from the poor to give to the rich catastrophe, which has been
    ongoing for 25 years now, and which converted the world's
    greatest country into the Evil Empire.

    Peter, Sep 29, 2005
  13. Lyck wrote:
    > As an European living in US, probably for the rest of my life,
    > I have a point of view based on experience on both sides of
    > the "Great Lake." I sure see many magnificent traits in
    > Americans and their society, however, the labor law is a horror.
    > Let me summarize how I see it, in the following list, which
    > might be shocking to Europeans:
    >
    > 5) Nobody protects American jobs for Americans. I see an
    > unspeakable flood of Indians pouring into this
    > country, and many American veterans of the High-Tech
    > revolution getting out of their jobs and are forced to
    > move out of California.

    So taking these two paragraphs together, what you're saying is that the
    Americans ought to deport you ASAP?

    --
    "Always look on the bright side of life."
    To reply by email, replace no.spam with my last name.

    Russell Wallace, Sep 30, 2005
  14. Lyck Guest

    On 30-Sep-05 09:31, Russell Wallace wrote:
    > Lyck wrote:
    >
    >> As an European living in US, probably for the rest of my life,
    >> I have a point of view based on experience on both sides of
    >> the "Great Lake." I sure see many magnificent traits in
    >> Americans and their society, however, the labor law is a horror.
    >> Let me summarize how I see it, in the following list, which
    >> might be shocking to Europeans:
    >>
    >> 5) Nobody protects American jobs for Americans. I see an
    >> unspeakable flood of Indians pouring into this
    >> country, and many American veterans of the High-Tech
    >> revolution getting out of their jobs and are forced to
    >> move out of California.

    > So taking these two paragraphs together, what you're saying is that the
    > Americans ought to deport you ASAP?

    Very good! I think that you got the spirit! You are
    so right, but wait, what will happen to my American
    wife??? And since I used to work for classified
    projects for over 10 years on both sides of the
    Atlantic, you better think about all these secrets
    for the men in khaki...

    Well, now sarcasm off: Our background is of similar
    prosperity and tradition. Majority of people visiting
    for job return. A few % of us stay in the US, and vice
    versa, a few % of Americans stay in Europe. We have had
    our immigration and outsourcing nightmare after the fall
    of Iron Curtain, you are repeating the same mistake
    toward your own people. You are a 300 millions society,
    you cannot take arbitrary numbers from two countries
    of 4 billions taken together willing to work for 1/4
    of the usual and customary, its absurd. Customs are
    controlling barriers for trade of goods, they exist for
    a reason. Now how can flow of jobs be uncontrolled???
    See HP, think of these people. A former legend of
    American ingenuity and quality makes now articles
    comparable to Taiwanese ones with a customer support
    like in a carpet store of Bombay or Calcuta...
    We run into the same problems, as our products became
    suddenly as innovative and reliable as Slovenian or
    Sebian technology.

    Lyck, Oct 2, 2005
  15. CWatters Guest

    "Impmon" <> wrote in message
    > On 26 Sep 2005 10:58:27 -0700, wrote:
    >
    > > you have any ideas or suggestions on how Hewlett-Packard can serve you
    > >better,

    > [snip]
    >
    > They can start serving us by offering ink carts for a lot less than
    > $30. Right now they are $30+ each for most carts and often contains
    > so little ink they often only lasts 50 pages or so before they run
    > out.

    My 90 series HP cart has managed around 400 pages so far.

    CWatters, Oct 6, 2005