    any advice would be appreciated

    thanks in advance
    Paul
    Paul Hardy, May 8, 2004

  2. Paul Hardy

    Scooby Guest

    3
    > switching, is there any guides or recomends on the best way of doing this,

    > would still like to keep some form of hsrp if that is possible, we also

    run
    > appletalk but I guess appletalk will need to be handled by a router.
    > any advice would be appreciated
    >
    > thanks in advance
    > Paul

    Paul,

    Based on the info that you've given, the 3550 would probably be a good
    choice. It will do the routing between your vlans and can handle the
    Appletalk as well.

    I found an older google post that said you could use fallback-bridging to
    pass the Appletalk between the vlans:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...h38quckc6t2matbii6i6b4n4t6gcnnuks%404ax.com&r

    BTW - HSRP is not a routing protocol, and really has nothing to do with
    routing. It simply is for redundancy - should your main router go down,
    another one will take over. However, it is not aware of any routing (or
    routed for that matter) protocols. But, the 3550 will do HSRP.

    Hope that helps,

    Jim
    Scooby, May 10, 2004