    I ask as my voipfone account instead of sending any real PSTN number is
    sending the voipfone number starting 03

    which confuses everyone and I guessing must be breaking some kind of rule

    RH, May 1, 2007

  2. RH

    andy Guest

    On May 1, 5:22 pm, "RH" <> wrote:
    > Is there any law against sending false or incorectly formatted Caller ID
    > number in a call?
    >
    > I ask as my voipfone account instead of sending any real PSTN number is
    > sending the voipfone number starting 03
    >
    > which confuses everyone and I guessing must be breaking some kind of rule

    Then set it to send the 0560 or 0870 number, or a geographic one if
    you have it

    andy, May 1, 2007

  3. RH

    RH Guest

    "andy" <> wrote in message
    > On May 1, 5:22 pm, "RH" <> wrote:
    >> Is there any law against sending false or incorectly formatted Caller ID
    >> number in a call?
    >>
    >> I ask as my voipfone account instead of sending any real PSTN number is
    >> sending the voipfone number starting 03
    >>
    >> which confuses everyone and I guessing must be breaking some kind of rule

    > Then set it to send the 0560 or 0870 number, or a geographic one if
    > you have it

    Done this once already months ago, gave me the option of only the geographic
    number I had on that account
    but seem sto have reverted itself again, no big issue to change this, but is
    it legal or go againt ofcom rules to send
    caller ID which is not a real telephone number. I have had people save the
    number in their mobiles only to try and call
    back and get error messages

    RH, May 1, 2007
  4. "RH" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any law against sending false or incorectly formatted Caller ID
    > number in a call?
    >
    > I ask as my voipfone account instead of sending any real PSTN number is
    > sending the voipfone number starting 03
    >
    > which confuses everyone and I guessing must be breaking some kind of rule

    Suggest you (consider) reading the friendly document '
    Guidelines for the provision of Calling Line Identification Facilities and
    other related services over Electronic Communications Networks Version 2 ',
    from Ofcom, released 26|04|07, at
    http://www.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/ioi/orp/cli/

    Anti Spam Bloke, May 2, 2007