    something as light on resources that is being kept current.

    TIA

    Louise
    louise, Mar 27, 2007

  2. louise wrote:

    > Has anyone had experience with Lavasoft firewall?

    Well, Lavasoft is not exactly known for writing good software.[1]

    > I'm running an old Kerio at the moment but would love
    > something as light on resources that is being kept current.

    You also want to keep having unpatched vulnerabilities? And ridiculous
    popups with useless information? And a broken network?

    [1] http://rootkit.com/newsread.php?newsid=471
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Mar 27, 2007

  3. louise

    JD in TX Guest

    Sebastian Gottschalk <> wrote in news:56rss6F29tjavU1
    @mid.dfncis.de:

    > louise wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone had experience with Lavasoft firewall?

    > Well, Lavasoft is not exactly known for writing good software.

    That's why Lavasoft's firewall is a re-branded version of Outpost
    firewall.
    JD in TX, Mar 27, 2007
  4. JD in TX wrote:

    > Sebastian Gottschalk <> wrote in news:56rss6F29tjavU1
    > @mid.dfncis.de:
    >
    >> louise wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone had experience with Lavasoft firewall?

    >> Well, Lavasoft is not exactly known for writing good software.

    > That's why Lavasoft's firewall is a re-branded version of Outpost
    > firewall.

    Well, Outpost is not known to be good software either, that's why they
    match so well.
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Mar 27, 2007