    has Internet Access of Automatic and is in the category of General. I have
    tried deleting it and then adding it back. What do I need to do or rule do I
    need to add in order to get it to work?

    Mark Williams, Jan 16, 2005

  2. Mark Williams

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Mark Williams" <> wrote in
    news:3XoGd.27821$:

    > NIS (Norton Internet Security) 2005 is not allowing Ad-Ware SE
    > Personal WebUpdate feature download the definition update file. It
    > allows it to connect though. In order to get it to work, I have to
    > turn the firewall completely off. I confirmed that it is defined in
    > NIS Program Control. It has Internet Access of Automatic and is in the
    > category of General. I have tried deleting it and then adding it back.
    > What do I need to do or rule do I need to add in order to get it to
    > work?

    If that's the only way you can get it to work by dropping the FW, then
    that's a no no as the machine can be compromised in nano seconds. It's just
    some advice here but I wouldn't be dropping the FW just to be getting an
    Ad-Aware update. I use Ad-Aware from time to time and it's a fine product.
    But it's not as important as keeping Norton up.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 16, 2005

  3. Mark Williams

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You post as Ms. Dr. Willma and you may please her but I doubt it. ;-)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 16, 2005
  4. Mark Williams

    Thor Guest

    "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > "Mark Williams" <> wrote in
    >
    >> NIS (Norton Internet Security) 2005 is not allowing Ad-Ware SE
    >> Personal WebUpdate feature download the definition update file. It
    >> allows it to connect though. In order to get it to work, I have to
    >> turn the firewall completely off. I confirmed that it is defined in
    >> NIS Program Control. It has Internet Access of Automatic and is in the
    >> category of General. I have tried deleting it and then adding it back.
    >> What do I need to do or rule do I need to add in order to get it to
    >> work?
    >>

    > If that's the only way you can get it to work by dropping the FW, then
    > that's a no no as the machine can be compromised in nano seconds. It's
    > just
    > some advice here but I wouldn't be dropping the FW just to be getting an
    > Ad-Aware update. I use Ad-Aware from time to time and it's a fine product.
    > But it's not as important as keeping Norton up.

    Might be worth dumping the piece of crap Norton and getting decent firewall
    softtware though.

    Thor, Jan 16, 2005
  5. Mark Williams

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in news::

    > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    >> "Mark Williams" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> NIS (Norton Internet Security) 2005 is not allowing Ad-Ware SE
    >>> Personal WebUpdate feature download the definition update file. It
    >>> allows it to connect though. In order to get it to work, I have to
    >>> turn the firewall completely off. I confirmed that it is defined in
    >>> NIS Program Control. It has Internet Access of Automatic and is in
    >>> the category of General. I have tried deleting it and then adding it
    >>> back. What do I need to do or rule do I need to add in order to get
    >>> it to work?
    >>>

    >> If that's the only way you can get it to work by dropping the FW,
    >> then that's a no no as the machine can be compromised in nano
    >> seconds. It's just
    >> some advice here but I wouldn't be dropping the FW just to be getting
    >> an Ad-Aware update. I use Ad-Aware from time to time and it's a fine
    >> product. But it's not as important as keeping Norton up.

    > Might be worth dumping the piece of crap Norton and getting decent
    > firewall softtware though.

    Some people call all personal firewall solutions crap. Those people are the
    ones that use a FW appliance. I use a personal firewall on my laptop, but
    the rest of the machines just sit behind the WatchGuard.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 16, 2005
  6. Mark Williams

    Plato Guest

    Mark Williams wrote:

    > NIS (Norton Internet Security) 2005 is not allowing Ad-Ware SE Personal
    > WebUpdate feature download the definition update file. It allows it to
    > connect though. In order to get it to work, I have to turn the firewall
    > completely off. I confirmed that it is defined in NIS Program Control. It

    Your best bet is to get rid of NIS and use a simple free firewall
    instead and you wont have that problem.

    Plato, Jan 16, 2005
  7. Mark Williams

    joggernut Guest

    thanks to thor i got avast (a free download).

    joggernut, Jan 16, 2005
  8. Mark Williams

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Dr. Bill wrote:

    > Duane Arnold wrote:
    >> You post as Ms. Dr. Willma and you may please her but I doubt it. ;-)
    >>
    >> Duane :)

    > You'll wipe the ;-) an :) of yer face, when K-man launches that shoe
    > right into your arse!
    > The lol would be mine!
    > Mmm! Ms. Dr. Willma, very intelligent! Typical Duaneypoo-isch!

    Willma, K-Cat and I have been going at this for a while. The woman as had
    her little moments and then I return the gun fire. It's followers like you
    that she flat-out dis-respecteds that make no sense. She dis-respects you
    and you and you take it like a dog. Now, you can go back and lay down in
    your spot next to her slippers.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 17, 2005
  9. Mark Williams

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Tht last post may bring out her *red pen*. ;-)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 17, 2005

    Hector Lalagosimou, Jan 17, 2005

    Jij bent een gelikte vervelende neanderthaler, Jan 17, 2005
  12. Mark Williams

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I had enough of you yesterday. K-Cat you didn't win the gun fight as I just
    unloaded the Glock on you. ;-)

    Some even tried to help you like this lap dog of yours Willma. When you came
    back with I was a piece of snot, I knew I was hitting bone with the gun
    fire. ;-) Hell, I hit bone on the first salvo.

    Anyway, I don't want you to get started.

    BYE

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 17, 2005