    was not found or is corrupted.

    Re-running update offers a new reference file dated 26.10.2002 (yes,
    that's 2002).
    joe_90, Oct 30, 2004

  2. joe_90

    PseUDO Guest

    joe_90 wrote:
    > Anyone else having problems updating the reference file?
    >
    > I'm running Ad-aware 6 Pro build 6.181 and on checking for updates I am
    > informed there is a new reference file available. The update gets to 5%
    > then says "Webupdate Complete" and stops.
    >
    > Re-starting Ad-aware then results in a Warning that the reference file
    > was not found or is corrupted.
    >
    > Re-running update offers a new reference file dated 26.10.2002 (yes,
    > that's 2002).

    Im guessing that it uses the same reference as the other versions, so
    try downloading the file and manually replace the old file with the new one?

    http://download.lavasoft.de.edgesuite.net/public/defs.zip

    PseUDO
    PseUDO, Oct 30, 2004

  3. joe_90

    Ferg Guest

    "joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone else having problems updating the reference file?

    Just updated. No problems.

    Ferg

    Ferg, Oct 31, 2004
  4. joe_90

    joe_90 Guest

    PseUDO wrote:
    > joe_90 wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone else having problems updating the reference file?
    >>
    >> I'm running Ad-aware 6 Pro build 6.181 and on checking for updates I
    >> am informed there is a new reference file available. The update gets
    >> to 5% then says "Webupdate Complete" and stops.
    >>
    >> Re-starting Ad-aware then results in a Warning that the reference file
    >> was not found or is corrupted.
    >>
    >> Re-running update offers a new reference file dated 26.10.2002 (yes,
    >> that's 2002).

    > Im guessing that it uses the same reference as the other versions, so
    > try downloading the file and manually replace the old file with the new
    > one?
    >
    > http://download.lavasoft.de.edgesuite.net/public/defs.zip
    >
    > PseUDO

    Yup, downloading the latest reference file and manually installing fixed
    the problem - thanks. I'll steer clear of the online update for a while.

    Interesting that the latest reference file is dated 26.10.2004 and the
    online update was offering me 26.10.2002 - seems to have got itself
    confused over the year.
    joe_90, Oct 31, 2004
  5. joe_90

    joe_90 Guest

    Ferg wrote:
    > "joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Anyone else having problems updating the reference file?

    > Just updated. No problems.

    Thanks. Very odd.
    joe_90, Oct 31, 2004
  6. joe_90

    Gordo Guest

    Hi,

    There has been a new version out for a while ... 1.05se

    Perhaps that has fixed some compaitibilty issues with updating.

    Cheers

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:39:44 +1300, joe_90

    Gordo, Oct 31, 2004
  7. joe_90

    Max Burke Guest

    > Gordo wrote:
    > There has been a new version out for a while ... 1.05se
    > Perhaps that has fixed some compaitibilty issues with updating.

    NO. Two separate versions that have two separate ref files....

    The 1.05se version is a new version of Adaware.
    The 6.181 version is the old version that's still being supported because of
    the large number of paying customers still using it.

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Oct 31, 2004
  8. joe_90

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:31:46 +1300, Geronimo wrote:

    > You are using a old outdated version its now SE

    True, NB people Roger is correct. However the updates still work fine,
    or used to for me. Have they dropped backwards compactability?
    Gordon, Oct 31, 2004
  9. joe_90

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:11:19 +1300, joe_90 wrote:

    > Interesting that the latest reference file is dated 26.10.2004 and the
    > online update was offering me 26.10.2002 - seems to have got itself
    > confused over the year.

    A mere typo, or the lava wanted to think of times when it was soft. :)
    Think about it. ;-)
    Gordon, Oct 31, 2004
  10. joe_90

    Geronimo Guest

    Geronimo, Oct 31, 2004
  11. joe_90

    joe_90 Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:31:46 +1300, Geronimo wrote:
    >

    >>You are using a old outdated version its now SE

    > True, NB people Roger is correct. However the updates still work fine,
    > or used to for me. Have they dropped backwards compactability?

    They currently provide two different updates.
    joe_90, Oct 31, 2004
  12. joe_90

    joe_90 Guest

    joe_90 wrote:
    > Anyone else having problems updating the reference file?
    >
    > I'm running Ad-aware 6 Pro build 6.181 and on checking for updates I am
    > informed there is a new reference file available. The update gets to 5%
    > then says "Webupdate Complete" and stops.
    >
    > Re-starting Ad-aware then results in a Warning that the reference file
    > was not found or is corrupted.
    >
    > Re-running update offers a new reference file dated 26.10.2002 (yes,
    > that's 2002).

    For those that are interested, this problem is being discussed on the
    Lavasoft support forums. It only applies to the old version of Ad-aware
    (which is supported as new reference files are still being supplied) and
    the solution is to manually download and install the update (no need to
    reinstall the program).

    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showforum=122

    It is recommended that users upgrade to Ad-aware SE as it surpasses
    Ad-aware 6 in the range of detections which are possible (I also note
    that the SE update is currently more recent).
    joe_90, Oct 31, 2004
  13. joe_90

    ardz Guest

    > joe_90 wrote:
    > > Anyone else having problems updating the reference file?
    > >
    > > I'm running Ad-aware 6 Pro build 6.181 and on checking for updates I am
    > > informed there is a new reference file available. The update gets to 5%
    > > then says "Webupdate Complete" and stops.
    > >
    > > Re-starting Ad-aware then results in a Warning that the reference file
    > > was not found or is corrupted.
    > >
    > > Re-running update offers a new reference file dated 26.10.2002 (yes,
    > > that's 2002).

    > For those that are interested, this problem is being discussed on the
    > Lavasoft support forums. It only applies to the old version of Ad-aware
    > (which is supported as new reference files are still being supplied) and
    > the solution is to manually download and install the update (no need to
    > reinstall the program).
    >
    > http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showforum=122
    >
    > It is recommended that users upgrade to Ad-aware SE as it surpasses
    > Ad-aware 6 in the range of detections which are possible (I also note
    > that the SE update is currently more recent).

    Yeah,i was getting the same problem with Adaware 6. Ive updated to Adaware
    SE and all is good. :)
    ardz, Oct 31, 2004
  14. joe_90

    Enkidu Guest

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 22:14:55 +1300, joe_90
    <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote:

    >joe_90 wrote:
    >> Anyone else having problems updating the reference file?
    >>
    >> I'm running Ad-aware 6 Pro build 6.181 and on checking for updates I am
    >> informed there is a new reference file available. The update gets to 5%
    >> then says "Webupdate Complete" and stops.
    >>
    >> Re-starting Ad-aware then results in a Warning that the reference file
    >> was not found or is corrupted.
    >>
    >> Re-running update offers a new reference file dated 26.10.2002 (yes,
    >> that's 2002).

    >For those that are interested, this problem is being discussed on the
    >Lavasoft support forums. It only applies to the old version of Ad-aware
    >(which is supported as new reference files are still being supplied) and
    >the solution is to manually download and install the update (no need to
    >reinstall the program).

    The reason that the file is described as "corrupt" after the failed
    update is because AD6 renames the reference file. When it restarts,
    there is no ref file for it to use.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Oct 31, 2004
  15. joe_90

    joe_90 Guest

    ardz wrote:
    > Yeah,i was getting the same problem with Adaware 6. Ive updated to Adaware
    > SE and all is good. :)

    Good idea, I have done the same.

    Apparently Lavasoft R&D is working on one of the last Reference File
    Updates for Ad-aware 6. The plan is that support for Ad-Aware 6 is to be
    phased out the first week of November.

    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=50526
    joe_90, Nov 1, 2004