    Ideally I would like to launch all the links in separate tabs in
    Firefox in one motion.

    Any ideas?

    Robert, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Robert

    Bernard Guest

    Robert wrote:
    > I run both Firefox and Thunderbird (current versions) on XP home. I
    > would like to launch multiple links from e-mails to Firefox. I
    > regularly report spam e-mail to spamcop and get an e-mail with multiple
    > links to the reporting pages. If I hit each link separately the window
    > focus changes to Firefox for each link, which can be a pain when I have
    > 20 or more links to process.
    >
    > I have tried both Linky and Launchy and they won't work in Thunderbird.
    > Ideally I would like to launch all the links in separate tabs in
    > Firefox in one motion.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    The settings for this one are in Firefox>Tools>Options>Advanced-Tabbed
    Browsing. You can choose to have links from other apps opening in a new
    window, a new tab or the most recent tab/window.

    Bernard, Jun 18, 2005

  3. Robert

    Robert Guest

    Bernard wrote:
    > Robert wrote:
    >
    >> I run both Firefox and Thunderbird (current versions) on XP home. I
    >> would like to launch multiple links from e-mails to Firefox. I
    >> regularly report spam e-mail to spamcop and get an e-mail with
    >> multiple links to the reporting pages. If I hit each link separately
    >> the window focus changes to Firefox for each link, which can be a pain
    >> when I have 20 or more links to process.
    >>
    >> I have tried both Linky and Launchy and they won't work in
    >> Thunderbird. Ideally I would like to launch all the links in
    >> separate tabs in Firefox in one motion.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > The settings for this one are in Firefox>Tools>Options>Advanced-Tabbed
    > Browsing. You can choose to have links from other apps opening in a new
    > window, a new tab or the most recent tab/window.

    I have that set, the problem is that firefox becomes the active window
    for each link hit in thunderbird. That means that I have to then switch
    to thunderbird to hit the next link. When you have many links to hit,
    this can become a pain.

    Robert, Jun 18, 2005
  4. Robert

    Doug G Guest

    Robert wrote:
    > Bernard wrote:
    >> Robert wrote:
    >>
    >>> I run both Firefox and Thunderbird (current versions) on XP home. I
    >>> would like to launch multiple links from e-mails to Firefox. I
    >>> regularly report spam e-mail to spamcop and get an e-mail with
    >>> multiple links to the reporting pages. If I hit each link separately
    >>> the window focus changes to Firefox for each link, which can be a pain
    >>> when I have 20 or more links to process.
    >>>
    >>> I have tried both Linky and Launchy and they won't work in
    >>> Thunderbird. Ideally I would like to launch all the links in
    >>> separate tabs in Firefox in one motion.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?

    >> The settings for this one are in Firefox>Tools>Options>Advanced-Tabbed
    >> Browsing. You can choose to have links from other apps opening in a new
    >> window, a new tab or the most recent tab/window.

    > I have that set, the problem is that firefox becomes the active window
    > for each link hit in thunderbird. That means that I have to then switch
    > to thunderbird to hit the next link. When you have many links to hit,
    > this can become a pain.

    Save the e-mail with multiple links as an HTML file and open it in Firefox.

    Doug G, Jun 19, 2005