    Bill Guest

    I want to get FF to launch Outlook on mailto links but it insists on
    launching Outlook Express. How do I change this?? Thanks!

    Bill, Jun 26, 2006

  2. Bill

    gwtc Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > I want to get FF to launch Outlook on mailto links but it insists on
    > launching Outlook Express. How do I change this?? Thanks!

    Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, Internet Options,
    Programs tab, and in the area where it says E-mail, select Outlook.

    Next time, I think you'd get a better answer in the newsgroup for
    Outlook, since its more of an Outlook question than a FF one:
    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx

    --
    Murphy's Laws of Computing: When you get to the point where you really
    understand your computer, it's probably obsolete.

    gwtc, Jun 27, 2006

  3. Bill

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jun 27, 2006
  4. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I'm using Firefox, not Internet Explorer. BTW I did this with IE and
    selected "Microsoft Outlook" in the email box but it still launches
    Outlook Express. I just let it launch then copy and paste the email
    address into Outlook but it's a pain. Still no luck with Firefox
    either.

    Bill, Jun 28, 2006
  5. Bill

    Bill, Jun 28, 2006
  6. Bill

    Charani Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:00:23 -0400, Bill wrote:

    > I'm using Firefox, not Internet Explorer. BTW I did this with IE and
    > selected "Microsoft Outlook" in the email box but it still launches
    > Outlook Express. I just let it launch then copy and paste the email
    > address into Outlook but it's a pain. Still no luck with Firefox
    > either.

    I've had a similar problem where I wanted Mozilla as the default email
    client but OE insisted on opening despite it showing as *not* the
    default and Mozilla checked as the default.

    What I did was to deliberately set OE as the default, rebooted, then
    changed it to Mozilla, rebooted again and it worked. Why it worked I
    have no idea, but I guess that somewhere in the Mickeysoft system the
    change hadn't registered properly.

    It may not work for you, but it's worth a try.

    Charani, Jun 28, 2006
  7. Bill

    Charani, Jun 28, 2006
  8. Bill

    Gribig Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > I'm using Firefox, not Internet Explorer. BTW I did this with IE and
    > selected "Microsoft Outlook" in the email box but it still launches
    > Outlook Express. I just let it launch then copy and paste the email
    > address into Outlook but it's a pain. Still no luck with Firefox
    > either.

    I believe this is a Windows issue not a FF/TB issue
    specifically, sorry I can't be of any more help.

    Gribig, Jun 29, 2006
  9. Bill

    Gribig Guest

    Gribig, Jun 29, 2006