Latest WIndows Update for Wireless-G PCI Adapter Broken?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Paul Moloney, Jun 13, 2005.

  1. Paul Moloney

    Paul Moloney Guest

    I have a home network consisting of the following:

    * Linksys WRT54G Router, hardware version 1.0
    (http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=508&scid=35)

    * XP Home Edition machine with a Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter card.

    * Windows 2000 laptop with a Aterm Warpstar WL54AG PCI card.

    Up until now, this has all worked absolutely seamlessly.

    The other day I did a Windows Update manual update, and saw the following:

    Cisco-Linksys LLC - Networking - Wireless-G PCI Adapter
    Date last published: 3/26/2005
    Linksys, A Division of Cisco Systems, Inc. network software update
    released on December 22 2004.

    I installed this update, and since then have had nothing but problems. My
    connection on the XP machine
    will drop, and nothing, including rebooting the router, will work. I end up
    having to reset the
    router back to its factory settings.

    I've tried uninstalling the update, and rolling back the driver. Even now,
    I'm connected, but only to
    an unencrypted network - and even then, the network icon in my taskbar shows
    my machine
    as not connected!

    Has anyone with Linksys network router/cards had the same problems lately?

    P.

    Paul Moloney, Jun 13, 2005