latest painting

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Jun 4, 2005.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    philo, Jun 4, 2005

  2. philo

    Old Gringo Guest

    philo wrote:
    > the latest from my girlfriend
    >
    > (lo res)
    >
    > http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg

    Tell her to do an exhibit in Marfa. We have an art gallery on every
    corner and 2 or 3 in between. http://www.chinati.org/ The painting
    is fantastic.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Jun 4, 2005

  3. philo

    philo Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > philo wrote:
    >> the latest from my girlfriend
    >>
    >> (lo res)
    >>
    >> http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg

    > Tell her to do an exhibit in Marfa. We have an art gallery on every
    > corner and 2 or 3 in between. http://www.chinati.org/ The painting is
    > fantastic.

    thanks for the link and the comment.
    the web image really does not do justice to the painting ...
    the painting is 32" X 42"
    some day she'd like to do stuff much larger!
    philo, Jun 4, 2005
  4. philo

    Old Gringo Guest

    philo wrote:
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>philo wrote:
    >>
    >>>the latest from my girlfriend
    >>>
    >>>(lo res)
    >>>
    >>>http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg

    >>Tell her to do an exhibit in Marfa. We have an art gallery on every
    >>corner and 2 or 3 in between. http://www.chinati.org/ The painting is
    >>fantastic.
    >>

    > thanks for the link and the comment.
    > the web image really does not do justice to the painting ...
    > the painting is 32" X 42"
    > some day she'd like to do stuff much larger!

    Very Impressive. Thank You for sharing.

    Old Gringo, Jun 4, 2005
  5. philo

    Dave Lear Guest

    "philo" wrote in message news:

    > the latest from my girlfriend (lo res)
    > http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg

    Odd... but I do like it. Visited the site - some of the others are fantastic
    (in the original sense) - are they just on the web to show them off or does
    she sell them?
    Dave Lear, Jun 4, 2005
  6. philo

    finding z0 Guest

    WOW!
    Still life with (ambivalent) neon woman giving birth to...seedpods..?
    Ambivalent (blue, not warm).
    How does she feel about being a mother?
    Fecundity meets the ice queen? postartum depression?
    I'm not a psychologist (but my wife plays one on TV).
    Interesting image.
    Are there others?
    I don't come here much except to read K-M(or)W's hilarious insults.
    I did once, way back when this place wuz civilized.....
    p.s. don't let yer girlfriend alone fer long periods of time....
    finding z0, Jun 4, 2005
  7. philo

    philo Guest

    On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 09:29:48 -0700, finding z0 wrote:

    > WOW!
    > Still life with (ambivalent) neon woman giving birth to...seedpods..?
    > Ambivalent (blue, not warm).
    > How does she feel about being a mother?
    > Fecundity meets the ice queen? postartum depression?
    > I'm not a psychologist (but my wife plays one on TV).
    > Interesting image.
    > Are there others?
    > I don't come here much except to read K-M(or)W's hilarious insults.
    > I did once, way back when this place wuz civilized.....
    > p.s. don't let yer girlfriend alone fer long periods of time....

    thank you for the comments!

    here is the site itself

    www.plazaearth.com/philo
    philo, Jun 4, 2005
  8. philo

    philo Guest

    On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 17:29:18 +0100, Dave Lear wrote:

    > "philo" wrote in message news:
    >
    >> the latest from my girlfriend (lo res)
    >> http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg

    > Odd... but I do like it. Visited the site - some of the others are fantastic
    > (in the original sense) - are they just on the web to show them off or does
    > she sell them?

    the site is mainly for her to she the works...
    but she has been known to sell one occasionally.
    philo, Jun 4, 2005
  9. philo

    WormWood Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > the latest from my girlfriend
    >
    > (lo res)
    >
    > http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg

    Clever. Versatile. This fabulous work of...art...could be used for
    kitchen, bathroom or Bedroom wall decoration. Does your g/f give
    lessons?
    WormWood, Jun 5, 2005
  10. philo

    philo Guest

    WormWood wrote:
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>the latest from my girlfriend
    >>
    >>(lo res)
    >>
    >>http://www.plazaearth.com/philo/fecund.jpg
    >>

    > Clever. Versatile. This fabulous work of...art...could be used for
    > kitchen, bathroom or Bedroom wall decoration. Does your g/f give
    > lessons?

    i don't think she gives lessons...
    but i can at least tell you her secret:

    don't go to art school!
    just experiment on your own.

    also helpful in getting started is a book called :
    "Drawing on the Right Side of your Brain"
    philo, Jun 5, 2005