Latest P&S abomination: The Olympus SP-570UZ

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rich, Jan 23, 2008.

  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Rich, Jan 23, 2008

  2. Rich

    Tom Hise Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:06:39 -0800 (PST), Rich <>
    wrote:

    >It reminds me of people in the 1960s stuffing as many of themselves
    >into a Volkswagen Beetle as possible. Are you really going to ride
    >around that way?

    Rich, it's called FUN. You ought to try it some day.

    Tom Hise, Jan 23, 2008

  3. Rich

    Mr. Strat Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Rich <> wrote:

    > It reminds me of people in the 1960s stuffing as many of themselves
    > into a Volkswagen Beetle as possible. Are you really going to ride
    > around that way? These things are gimmicks. Toys for know-nothing
    > buyers.
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08012204olysp570uz.asp#specs

    Navas might be in the market.

    Mr. Strat, Jan 23, 2008
  4. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Re: Latest P&S abomination: The Olympus SP-570UZ

    On Jan 22, 7:55 pm, Tom Hise <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:06:39 -0800 (PST), Rich <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >It reminds me of people in the 1960s stuffing as many of themselves
    > >into a Volkswagen Beetle as possible. Are you really going to ride
    > >around that way?

    > Rich, it's called FUN. You ought to try it some day.

    "Oh wow man, I can zoom in 20x!!!: Pass the halucinogens.

    Rich, Jan 23, 2008
  5. Rich

    dmaster Guest

    On Jan 22, 6:06 pm, Rich <> wrote:
    > It reminds me of people in the 1960s stuffing as many of themselves
    > into a Volkswagen Beetle as possible.  Are you really going to ride
    > around that way?  These things are gimmicks.  Toys for know-nothing
    > buyers.
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08012204olysp570uz.asp#specs

    I disagree. The 570uz looks like it could be a fine point&shoot
    "ultra-zoom". While I think the ever increasing number of pixels on a
    small sensor doesn't accomplish much for me, I like the trend towards
    wider angle lenses.

    I don't see this camera replacing anyones good DSLR, but *I* like
    point&shoot "ultra-zoom" cameras. Were I in the market for a new
    camera, I'd definitely take a look at this one.

    The fact you may be looking for something completely different in a
    camera hardly justifies the "Toys for know-nothing buyers."

    Dan (Woj...)

    dmaster, Jan 23, 2008