    I just got a call from my bank telling me my details were among those and
    they have cancelled my credit card and are re-issusing a new one. Anyone
    know the website in question?
    chillin, Sep 17, 2003

  2. chillin

    T.N.O. Guest

    "chillin" wrote

    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisp...6&thesection=technology&thesubsection=general

    > A 14-year-old hacker put 895 customer records of Hamilton internet

    provider
    > Net4U on the web in an act of spite.

    Oh dear...

    > I just got a call from my bank telling me my details were among those and
    > they have cancelled my credit card and are re-issusing a new one. Anyone
    > know the website in question?

    The orcon one was downed AFAIK... dont know about the yank one though.
    T.N.O., Sep 17, 2003

  3. chillin

    asdf Guest

    google's cach?!

    asdf, Sep 17, 2003
  4. In article <zAR9b.150158$>, "asdf" <> wrote:
    >google's cach?!

    *SNIP*

    They will pull it if you ask them to and there's a good reason - Credit
    card numbers are a very good reason.

    --
    Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
    "Veni, vidi, velcro...

    My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet
    Matthew Poole, Sep 17, 2003
  5. chillin

    PJ Guest

    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3523946&thesection=techno
    > logy&thesubsection=general
    >
    > Although this is unfortunate, the data is from March, when the employee

    left
    > the company and took a dump of the database with him.

    So, this "hacker" is no hacker, he's just an idiot who stole data from a
    company and violated cusomter's privacy.
    This idiot should be treated like any other idiot and be punished
    accordingly me think.
    PJ, Sep 17, 2003
  6. chillin

    paulsy Guest

    paulsy, Sep 17, 2003
  7. chillin

    Robyn Nunn Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:23:31 +1200, "PJ" <>
    wrote:

    >"voy1d" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "chillin" wrote in message
    >> >

    >http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3523946&thesection=techno
    >> logy&thesubsection=general
    >>
    >> Although this is unfortunate, the data is from March, when the employee

    >left
    >> the company and took a dump of the database with him.
    >>

    >So, this "hacker" is no hacker, he's just an idiot who stole data from a
    >company and violated cusomter's privacy.
    >This idiot should be treated like any other idiot and be punished
    >accordingly me think.

    What respectable firm will hire a 14 year old and allow him access to
    important data like that?
    Robyn Nunn, Sep 17, 2003
  8. chillin

    PJ Guest

    "Robyn Nunn" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:23:31 +1200, "PJ" <>
    > wrote:

    > >So, this "hacker" is no hacker, he's just an idiot who stole data from a
    > >company and violated cusomter's privacy.
    > >This idiot should be treated like any other idiot and be punished
    > >accordingly me think.

    > What respectable firm will hire a 14 year old and allow him access to
    > important data like that?

    That is so true.
    but then again, theowner of net4u is only was only 16 years old?? when he
    started up the compnay.
    Still, no excuse for such act.

    Pete.
    PJ, Sep 17, 2003
  9. Speaking of net4u, I've been told the following:

    "Sahil has gone to the ground. Mobiles have been cancelled and nobody
    answers the phone. "

    Apparently even the auditor is unhappy.

    The new owner of Net4u is Anshul Gupta. Daddy bailing things out perhaps?

    As for the 14 year old, he's been named in the past. Think of the Herald
    stories on the 14yo spammer who was working at net4u, etc.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Sep 17, 2003