    The content indicates that the executable attachment is the "May 2007
    Cumulative Patch" security update.
    How can I determine if this is real or a scam to infect my system?
    Al Mateus, May 30, 2007

  2. Al Mateus

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 30 May 2007 13:43:43 +0000, Al Mateus wrote:

    > I received an email with "Latest Net Critical Pack" in Subject line from
    > what appears to be Microsoft.
    > The content indicates that the executable attachment is the "May 2007
    > Cumulative Patch" security update.
    > How can I determine if this is real or a scam to infect my system?

    Microsoft doesn't send email about anything let alone updates.

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, May 30, 2007

  3. Al Mateus

    Ingeborg Guest

    Al Mateus wrote:

    > I received an email with "Latest Net Critical Pack" in Subject line from
    > what appears to be Microsoft.
    > The content indicates that the executable attachment is the "May 2007
    > Cumulative Patch" security update.
    > How can I determine if this is real or a scam to infect my system?

    That's easy. Microsoft *never* sends unasked updates by email.
    Ingeborg, May 30, 2007
  4. Al Mateus

    Leythos Guest

    In article <jcf7i.6685$>,
    says...
    > I received an email with "Latest Net Critical Pack" in Subject line from
    > what appears to be Microsoft.
    > The content indicates that the executable attachment is the "May 2007
    > Cumulative Patch" security update.
    > How can I determine if this is real or a scam to infect my system?

    Neither Microsoft or any Bank will send you emails about software
    updates with links to download them and neither will request personal
    information from you. If you get a email that says your computer is
    infected, even if it's from your ISP (as that was a scam going around
    last year), do NOT download anything or follow their links - call the
    ISP and ask them, don't blindly follow requests for information or
    downloads.

    *** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm REMOVED ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/bughunters.htm Exposed to Kids ...
    All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com
    Leythos, May 30, 2007
  5. "Al Mateus" <> wrote in

    > I received an email with "Latest Net Critical Pack"
    > in Subject line from what appears to be Microsoft.
    > The content indicates that the executable attachment
    > is the "May 2007 Cumulative Patch" security update.
    > How can I determine if this is real or a scam
    > to infect my system?

    You could rely on the fact that Microsoft
    *never* sends eMail with updates.

    --

    "Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar?
    Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur."
    Bucky Breeder, May 30, 2007
  6. Al Mateus wrote:

    > The content indicates that the executable attachment ...
    > How can I determine if this is real or a scam to infect my system?

    Save the attachment to your hard drive and scan it with your latest
    up-to-date anti-virus software.

    If you are not sure how to do this, just delete the message.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 30, 2007
  7. Al Mateus

    Plato Guest

    Al Mateus wrote:

    > I received an email with "Latest Net Critical Pack" in Subject line from
    > what appears to be Microsoft.
    > The content indicates that the executable attachment is the "May 2007
    > Cumulative Patch" security update.
    > How can I determine if this is real or a scam to infect my system?

    MS does not send spam

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, May 31, 2007