Latest models of Gibson guitars

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mobilendd@gmail.com, Aug 19, 2007.

  1. Guest

    , Aug 19, 2007

  2. Guest

    On 19 kol, 19:34, wrote:
    > Reviews of latest models of best guitars, fender, gibson, yamaha, and
    > many more, with pictures and prices.
    >
    > http://pro-guitars.blogspot.com/
    >
    > And if you want to win a free guitar go here
    >
    > http://freeguitars.blogspot.com/

    Hello,

    This is a newsgroup of programming language Python, stop with this!

    Regards,
    Vedran

    , Aug 19, 2007

  3. George Guest

    wrote:
    > On 19 kol, 19:34, wrote:
    >> Reviews of latest models of best guitars, fender, gibson, yamaha, and
    >> many more, with pictures and prices.
    >>
    >> http://spam-guitars.blogspot.com/
    >>
    >> And if you want to win a free guitar go here
    >>
    >> http://spamguitars.blogspot.com/

    > Hello,
    >
    > This is a newsgroup of programming language Python, stop with this!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Vedran

    Thank Google for it. They own blogspot and officially encourage their
    users to look for click revenue. Then the users spam newsgroups using
    Google, the spammers friend.

    George, Aug 19, 2007
  4. Hermit Guest

    Hermit, Aug 19, 2007
  5. thebjorn Guest

    On Aug 19, 8:41 pm, wrote:
    > On 19 kol, 19:34, wrote:

    [spam]

    > Hello,
    >
    > This is a newsgroup of programming language Python, stop with this!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Vedran

    As someone else pointed out, this is more widely disseminated than
    just c.l.py. If you feel the need to do something about the post, and
    you're using Google groups, there's a "More options" link in the top
    right corner of every post where you can report it as spam. That might
    be marginally more effective than trying to chastise a spammer for
    being off-topic (it's what they do) -- at least it won't degrade the
    signal/noise ratio further.

    -- bjorn

    thebjorn, Aug 20, 2007
  6. In article <>, Hermit
    <> wrote:

    > How does the image quality compare with a DSLR?

    Depends on whether it's a Paul or a Strat.

    Randall Ainsworth, Aug 20, 2007
  7. Twisted Guest

    On Aug 19, 2:41 pm, wrote:
    > This is a newsgroup of programming language Python, stop with this!

    Python?! Python is as off-topic here as guitars, unlike, say, Java...

    Twisted, Aug 20, 2007
  8. "Randall Ainsworth" <> wrote:
    > In article <>, Hermit
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> How does the image quality compare with a DSLR?

    > Depends on whether it's a Paul or a Strat.

    My L5 beats out any dSLR any day.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Aug 20, 2007
  9. Lew Guest

    Twisted wrote:
    > On Aug 19, 2:41 pm, wrote:
    >> This is a newsgroup of programming language Python, stop with this!

    > Python?! Python is as off-topic here as guitars, unlike, say, Java...

    When referring to "this" newsgroup or "here", one must remember that this is a
    cross-posted thread, so those concepts have multiple referents.

    Take another look at the address field ("Newsgroups:") of the message, then
    redefine "this newsgroup" accordingly - there are more than one due to the
    spammish cross-posting of the original message.

    So let's all stop being so parochial, hmm?

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Aug 20, 2007
  10. RickH Guest

    On Aug 19, 9:24 pm, Randall Ainsworth <>
    wrote:
    > In article <>, Hermit
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > How does the image quality compare with a DSLR?

    > Depends on whether it's a Paul or a Strat.

    A Strat is a Fender, but I'd rather win a Gibson es175.

    RickH, Aug 20, 2007
  11. Lew Guest

    RickH wrote:
    > On Aug 19, 9:24 pm, Randall Ainsworth <>
    > wrote:
    >> In article <>, Hermit
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> How does the image quality compare with a DSLR?

    >> Depends on whether it's a Paul or a Strat.

    > A Strat is a Fender, but I'd rather win a Gibson es175.

    Please do not include comp.lang.java.programmer in this discussion, as it is
    waaaay off topic.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Aug 20, 2007
  12. Twisted Guest

    On Aug 20, 8:05 am, Lew <> wrote:
    > Twisted wrote:
    > > On Aug 19, 2:41 pm, wrote:
    > >> This is a newsgroup of programming language Python, stop with this!

    > > Python?! Python is as off-topic here as guitars, unlike, say, Java...

    > When referring to "this" newsgroup or "here", one must remember that this is a
    > cross-posted thread

    You assume it was obvious to me that it was in the first place. But I
    didn't see it in any other group that I read, and the news interface
    that I use just, by default, shows me the subject, from, and date and
    the name of the one newsgroup that I'm reading. If the message then
    says something absurd, like "this is a newsgroup about Python" when
    I'm reading it in cljp, well, what do you expect? :p

    Again you seem to assume I have more context than I actually do when I
    read postings. At least when it's cross-posted if I for some reason
    decided to look closely at all of the headers that it was cross-posted
    would become quickly apparent. Previously, though, you even expected
    me to know at a glance when a message was multi-posted separately to
    various groups, though nothing in the headers would indicate this.
    Only doing a Google search for every message's content would reliably
    detect multi-posting, and I'm not about to start doing that just to
    satisfy *you*. :p

    Twisted, Aug 21, 2007
  13. willshak Guest

    on 8/20/2007 5:51 PM Lew said the following:
    > RickH wrote:
    >> On Aug 19, 9:24 pm, Randall Ainsworth <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Depends on whether it's a Paul or a Strat.

    >> A Strat is a Fender, but I'd rather win a Gibson es175.

    > Please do not include comp.lang.java.programmer in this discussion, as
    > it is waaaay off topic.

    Don't feel like the Lone Ranger! It is off topic for every newsgroup to
    which it was posted.

    --

    Bill
    In Hamptonburgh, NY

    willshak, Aug 21, 2007
  14. kaldrenon Guest

    On Aug 20, 8:54 pm, Twisted <> wrote:
    > If the message then
    > says something absurd, like "this is a newsgroup about Python" when
    > I'm reading it in cljp, well, what do you expect? :p

    I think most would expect you to go, "WTF?" but then, like a rational
    person, click the helpful little "More options" link that GG provides
    (I'm assuming you use GG to read as well as to post, forgive me if I'm
    wrong) and double-check before harassing someone because you jumped to
    conclusions.

    > though nothing in the headers would indicate this.

    Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet, comp.lang.python,
    rec.photo.digital, alt.home.repair
    Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 17:34:58 -0000
    Subject: Latest models of Gibson guitars

    That's the header GG shows. Preeeetty clear.

    Just a tip for future reference - all's fair if you weren't aware of
    this feature of GG's interface.

    kaldrenon, Aug 21, 2007
  15. Twisted Guest

    On Aug 21, 8:52 am, kaldrenon <> wrote:
    > On Aug 20, 8:54 pm, Twisted <> wrote:
    >
    > > If the message then
    > > says something absurd, like "this is a newsgroup about Python" when
    > > I'm reading it in cljp, well, what do you expect? :p

    > I think most would expect you to go, "WTF?" but then, like a rational
    > person, click the helpful little "More options" link that GG provides

    [snip rest of insult-implying randomness]

    Er, right, whatever. :p

    > > though nothing in the headers would indicate this.

    > Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,
    > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet, comp.lang.python,
    > rec.photo.digital, alt.home.repair

    That indicates a *crosspost*. As I was saying in the post you've
    willfully misinterpreted in order to attack me, there is however
    nothing of the sort to indicate a *multipost*.

    Twisted, Aug 21, 2007
  16. Tony Guest

    I don't who is posting here stupid shit about guitars
    who ever is do self fever hang your self with one of strings

    Tony, Aug 21, 2007
  17. John McGaw Guest

    wrote:
    > Reviews of latest models of best guitars, fender, gibson, yamaha, and
    > many more, with pictures and prices.

    Are these new guitars made of SPAM like your message and your "blog"?

    John McGaw, Aug 21, 2007
  18. kaldrenon Guest

    On Aug 21, 5:11 pm, John McGaw <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Reviews of latest models of best guitars, fender, gibson, yamaha, and
    > > many more, with pictures and prices.

    > Are these new guitars made of SPAM like your message and your "blog"?

    That'd be bloody terrible to play, and sound awful.

    Gimme a 100% Angus 12-string, or give me nothing, I say.

    kaldrenon, Aug 21, 2007